• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cherokee Man
    232 I6
    • Oct 05, 2009

70 Years of Jeep, Chrysler Museum, Auburn Hills, MI

I'm going to their Jeep cruise night 7/13 5:30 - 8:30pm but there's also free admission to the museum and Jeep history stuff going on 7/15 and 7/16.

Here's the link: http://www.wpchryslermuseum.org/news...o?id=4&mid=117

70 Years of Jeep Week, July 12 - 17
    Free admission, an enthusiast program and a specially-themed Cruise Night are among the highlights of the Museum's 70 Years of Jeep Week, sponsored by Dana Holding Corporation. The weeklong celebration coincides with the Jeep Brand?s July 15 anniversary observance, the date the U.S. Army signed a contract with Willys-Overland to become the lead producer of the military reconnaissance vehicle.

Jeep Week highlights include:

70 Years of Jeep Free Weekend ? Fri. ? Sun, July 15 ? 17
    Guests of all ages visiting the Museum throughout the weekend are invited to enjoy self-guided tours of the entire three floors ? including the special 70 Years of Jeep exhibition ? throughout the weekend at no charge, compliments of Dana. Weekend hours are 10 a.m. ? 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday and noon ? 5 p.m. Sunday.

70 Years of Jeep Heritage Lecture ? Sat., July 16, 9:30 a.m. ? noon

70 Years of Jeep Cruise Night ? Wed., July 13, 5:30 ? 8:30 p.m.

Dana?s partnership with the Museum celebrates the automotive supplier?s 70 year affiliation with the Jeep Brand. The Maumee, Oh.-based company has provided SpicerĀ® brand front and rear axles and propshafts since the original JeepĀ® ? the 1941 Willys MA ? was introduced seven decades ago during World War II. Spicer components have been a constant in that model?s production as the Willys MA (which later became the Willys MB) evolved, postwar, into the civilian Jeep CJ-2A and, over time, into the Jeep Wrangler line that Chrysler Group LLC continues to proudly produce today.

• Tonka J200
    360 AMC

• Jul 21, 2002

Sounds pretty cool!
    I may try to drive my Jeepster to this.
    -Frank
    '63 J200 2WD
    '63 J200 4WD: J20 Axles, extended wheelbase, factory stakebed
    '63 J100 Panel Delivery
    '91 Grand Wagoneer Final Edition
    "If you're going to laugh about it someday, you might as well start now".

Comment

• ricbee
      350 Buick
      • Aug 23, 2005

I'm planning on going Wed
      '81 J10
      '85 J10 Pioneer
      '80 j10 Laredo
      '87 J20..plow truck&winter ride
      '82 Cherkee NT ,for sale soon
      '81 Cherokee WT.Daily driver!
      '51 Willys Jeepster