• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club Fall Fling

Well, here we go again. Sorry for the delay in setting this up but I've been dealing with some pretty serious back problems and have not been paying attention to the FSJ world.
    Our annual Fall fling will be held as always at Rausch Creek the weekend of Oct 9/10/11. Come for a day or the whole weekend.
    Information about the park can be found here:

This has always been one of our best events, the weather Gods usually smile on us. Warm days and crisp fall nights. Trees turning colors and losts of great off-roading from mild to wild.

Remember the MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club never charges any dues or fees to attend any or our events. Rausch Creek does so make sure to check their website for the current charges.

I won't be able to make the trip but will be thinking about all of you. Have a great, safe time.
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • Battle_Wagon_NJ
    327 Rambler
    • Jun 08, 2005

Bill, sorry to hear about your back troubles. Feel better soon. Hopefully you'll be with us at the spring ride, good as new.

I'll be there, for the whole weekend this time. I'm risking the wrath of the bosses to do it (opening day of duck season in NJ). But I'm tired of missing out on this trip, because it is one of the best of the year. My brother is coming with me too and I assigned him cameraman duties already.

Now I also recall someone promised to teach me to drive a stick...
    1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
    The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• Greenfire
      350 Buick
      • Nov 13, 2004

Ok someone needs to setup a camera on their rig so Bill can join us from over the internet Bill Im also sorry to hear about your back troubles. I can see why you wouldn't want to be bouncing around at RC. Even people with good backs are soar after that.

If things go well I will be there with my new trail rig, and trailer. Alls thats left to get done is lenghthen the driveshafts and weld up the rear dif. (I'm hopefull that is all) No winch yet, so you guys better not be gettin stuck this time.
      Last edited by Greenfire; 09-20-2009, 11:43 AM.
      1984 J10

Comment

• Headhoncho
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by Battle_Wagon_NJ
        Now I also recall someone promised to teach me to drive a stick...

JR
        [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
        1966 mustang fastback
        '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Headhoncho
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by Greenfire
          If things go well I will be there with my new trail rig, and trailer. Alls thats left to get done is lenghthen the driveshafts and weld up the rear dif. (I'm hopefull that is all) No winch yet, so you guys better not be gettin stuck this time.
          Can't wait to see the new trail rig, Jason. I'll have my winch operational by then. Just have to get a dual post battery and I'll be good to go.

JR
          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
          1966 mustang fastback
          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Greenfire
            350 Buick
            • Nov 13, 2004

Who else is coming to this? What time are we planning for Sat/Sun???
            1984 J10

Comment

• GOJO
              232 I6
              • Nov 05, 2007

Maryland crew should be there Saturday

Things seem to be coming together for the Maryland crew to make a day trip on Saturday. GOJO will represent the FSJ's and a Wrangler and a UNIMOG will be along to round out the crew. Still got some wrenching to do, but we should make it. If you're gonna pull out before 8:30 or 9 am we'd better get a cell number.

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
                327 Rambler
                • Jun 08, 2005

I'm planning on getting there late Friday afternoon. We can stake out some camping space for everyone, as I think there is a competition there next weekend too.

As for when to hit the trail in the a.m., I don't think our club has ever made it out before 900, and I see no reason to try this time!
                1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
                The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• Greenfire
                  350 Buick
                  • Nov 13, 2004

Well 9:30 works for me if we want to make that the official time. I am coming down Sat morning. Deciding on staying over or not. This is going to be my first run for the new rig.

So whats a good tire pressure to run for 33s in R/C?
                  1984 J10

Comment

• pineymike
                    327 Rambler
                    • Feb 22, 2008

It looks like I'll be up there sat,mid morning or so,I run my 33's at 20psi on my cherokee, but it's trial&error on each rig depending on tires & weight dist.My cherokee has a heavy(455 buick)engine so I'm reluctiant to go too low on pressure also you can lose inches of ground clearance and with 33's you mite notice an inch or 2? See ya in the woods!

Comment

• Greenfire
                      350 Buick
                      • Nov 13, 2004

Thanks Piney Mike, see you all Sat morning!
                      1984 J10

Comment

• JERSEY JOE
                        304 AMC
                        • Jan 15, 2004

RC OUTING

WISH I COULD MAKE IT BUT I NEED TO GO OUT OF TOWN FOR THE WEEKEND.
                        1985 J-20 401 6 inch lift, 37's plow truck. CURRENT PROJECT
                        1986 CJ 7 360 T-18 granny low Dana 44 , 4 inch lift 35's
                        1882 CJ 7 360 727 auto Dana 60's 35's cage
                        1970 AMX was SCCA B production. 390 cross ram. GOOGLE IT

Comment

• Greenfire
                          350 Buick
                          • Nov 13, 2004

All loaded and ready to go. Got soaked doing so, but Im ready. Booked a room for sat night.

First run for trailer and Jeep. (knocking on fake woodgrain)
                          1984 J10

Comment

• GOJO
                            232 I6
                            • Nov 05, 2007

Loaded and ready to go...

See ya'll in the morning.

Comment

• GOJO
                              232 I6
                              • Nov 05, 2007

Quick meet and greet...

The MD crew arrived a little later than planned and first off met Jason unloading his rig in a very busy parking area. We got ourselves unloaded, hit the office to pay up, and headed down the far end of the lot to see if the MAFSJ'ers had left yet (It was about 10:30 am by then.) Saw Jason there and two other nice looking FSJ's. Got our intro's, handshakes and realized they weren't quite ready to go.

My impatient crew had already left me behind so I told the club group where we were headed and made a bee-line for the hills near the Trail 1 to play around. Jason, et al, caught up with us just as we were finishing up in that area and trying to figure out what to do with GOJO which was bubblin' coolant like 'Old Faithful'.

A brief chat with the 3 MAFSJ'ers and we decided go separate ways as the crazies I had with me today were already planning an assault on Crawler Ridge and a trip down Snakebite. Ricky "mcgyver'd" his fan clutch with an old seatbelt and we headed toward the South Property.

Never did see the club crew again. We played around on Crawler Ridge, tried and failed the hill climb out of the Quarry, and bounced over a big section of Snakebite. Ricky's fan patch held for the whole day and so did the weather.

Beautiful day and a great ride. No major breakdowns. Now that's a first. Sorry we didn't hook up with you guys for more than a meet and greet. Hope things went well for the Saturday drive.

Put a bunch of pics on facebook.I think I have my facebook settings so the world cans see this:
                              Last edited by GOJO; 10-12-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X