• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stuartbowen
    232 I6
    • Mar 15, 2015

Sad Question-Parts Fitment

I had a horrible tragedy with my 86er recently. I had the whole front clip including radiator, fenders, hood, off while I was doing a complete front end refresh. Well, I had a fire (laptop battery we think) and I now no longer have any of the front clip. What year's parts will fit an 86?

Radiator
    Fenders
    Hood
    All HeadLights
    AC Condenser
    Bumper

Thanks. Also, if you know of any parts rigs in the southeast, I'll drive several hours to get to one, or you know where parts might be available, I would be super grateful.

Body panels are all very similar from '62 to '91. For best fitment, I would look for things from ~'74 up. Core support and radiator from any other 360/401 rig should work. AC condenser, not positive? You can likely get a new one pretty reasonably. Headlights/bumper/hood: anything '80 up. Older hoods will fit, but I can't remember if they changed the very front of the nose for the various grilles. I think they just added bolt on pieces, but someone else will have to confirm 100%.
    1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

• fsj454
      Long time member
      • Jan 02, 2015

I have 1986 bumpers .1983 parts rig with AC. N DARTHMOUTH MA. PM for pictures.
      1982 cherokee nt. 454. nv4500 .205. dana 60 f+r. twin stick.hydroboost.hydrolic clutch.rock ram.traction bar.warn 12000 winch.4 wheel disc.flip kit.soa.high steer.cross over steer.4.56 detroit locker.35 spline rear alloy axles. 37s .1990 grand wagoneer aka trusty rusty

Comment

• Stuartbowen
        232 I6
        • Mar 15, 2015

That might work if you would ship. I am minimum 15 hours away from you one way.

Comment

• tgreese
          • May 29, 2003

You could try to buy from a regular junkyard. www.car-part.com searches for the part you enter. If you find one part of the front clip you my find the others. Look for the big pick-and-pull yards in your area; often they will list what vehicles they have in the yard.

There is Jake's near Ashville (?) - search through old threads. May be close enough to you. They are enthusiasts and are winding down (no shipping) but I believe they have quite a few of these Jeeps for parts.

Also browse and post in the dedicated parts forums here.
          Tim Reese
          Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
          Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
          Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
          GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
          ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• Stuartbowen
            232 I6
            • Mar 15, 2015

Originally posted by tgreese
            You could try to buy from a regular junkyard. www.car-part.com searches for the part you enter. If you find one part of the front clip you my find the others. Look for the big pick-and-pull yards in your area; often they will list what vehicles they have in the yard.

There is Jake's near Ashville (?) - search through old threads. May be close enough to you. They are enthusiasts and are winding down (no shipping) but I believe they have quite a few of these Jeeps for parts.

Also browse and post in the dedicated parts forums here.
            I've hit all of them that I can find within a several hundred mile radius and no luck so far. I'll stay paitent. A guy locally has an 84 that im sure some parts will fit.

Comment

• PBG928
              232 I6
              • Jul 29, 2016

I have all parts. take off fenders with little rust or other pair and hood have been sandblasted and painted white. Radiator and bumper. All except hood could be shipped via greyhound. Worth the drive to Florida. all misc parts like hood release etc. pm me.
              1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
              1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
              1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
              1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
              1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
              1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
              1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
              Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comment

Working...
              X