• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dome
    304 AMC
    • Apr 06, 2000

1977 Wagoneer - Tom Maxwell

I live in Green Valley Lake,CA near Big Bear lake and purchased this beast in Nov. 2000. I bought it from a friend who owns a wrecking yard and he had done most of the mods himself but never really finished it. As of now it has a rebuilt 401 with a cam and forged pistons. He had the motor rebuilt by a Helicopter mechanic for an Orange county Police dept. The TH400 is stock and in great shape as this Jeep had less than 100K miles on it. The BW1339 has a mile-marker part time kit and the locking hubs are Warn. It has Rancho suspension for a 4" lift and Rancho 9000 shocks. The tires are 33" BFG MT's and the rims are from a Blazer. All the rubber and bushings have been replaced and the interior is totally redone. The front seats are from a Cherokee so they tilt forward. It came with a Kenwood stereo with a 4 channel power amp and 4 JBL speakers. Last week I installed a Warn 8274 winch with a Warn bumper off of a Grand Wagoneer that I picked up used for 500 bucks. I tested it last weekend pulling my girlfriend's Honda out of the snow- sideways! ( now she doesn't complain about the 500) I've put a new radiator in it and have had to do some brake work in the front. I have had to do a few repairs on the vacuum lines and also ended up replacing the bolts on the back of the trans with Grade 8 bolts and lockwashers as the old bolts would loosen up after 2 days and leak tranny fluid. It flies on the freeway due to the 307 gears, but I plan on changing these to 373 gears soon. It has two tanks with one fill which I want to change due to the fact I never can completely fill the front tank. Future plans are to add a spare tire carrier to the back. Before the snow hit I was having a blast wheelin' it through the San Bernardino Mountains and as you can tell from this picture I had fun getting it stuck in the snow about 3 miles from my house. My girfriend says I'm obsessed with it, and you know what? I AM!
    83 Wagoneer Limited (R.I.P)
    360, TF727, NP228
    SOA, 35's, WT Axles, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker
Working...
X