• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockjeep44
    The Advisor
    • Oct 15, 2001

Bulltear crate motors

I remember quite awhile back in some thread it was mentioned that Bulltear was working on bringing AMC crate motors to market. I searched but can't find it now. I was just wondering if there are any updates on this. I know I wouldn't trust anyone more than Bulltear to build a badass AMC.
    Buggy Buildup

Originally posted by welchct
    There are about 5 trails that actualy have section that are upwards of 85* and climb 40-50 feet at this deg.
    "The combination of fine split tail and fine whiskey will make any man lose focus." -FSJeeper
  • Bama Burden
    350 Buick
    • Jul 28, 2005

Time for a new engine? You've been talking about how much you've ragged it lately. If your buggy is any indication of how you'd build an engine, I'd like to see it.

Comment

• rockjeep44
      The Advisor
      • Oct 15, 2001

Believe it or not, my motor is still running strong with no indication of letting up. I ordered a 6000rpm limiter for it this week. But, I like to have my ducks in a row so that when the time comes I'll be ready And yea, I have big plans for my next motor.
      Buggy Buildup

There are about 5 trails that actualy have section that are upwards of 85* and climb 40-50 feet at this deg.
      "The combination of fine split tail and fine whiskey will make any man lose focus." -FSJeeper

Comment

• BRUTUS
        360 AMC
        • Dec 06, 2005

Originally posted by rockjeep44
        Believe it or not, my motor is still running strong with no indication of letting up. I ordered a 6000rpm limiter for it this week. But, I like to have my ducks in a row so that when the time comes I'll be ready And yea, I have big plans for my next motor.
        Are you going to share any of these plans? Crate motor? forced induction? FI? dual flux capacitors?
        "Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL
        Current Jeep Status:Under The Knife
        Current Homepage Status: RUNNING

Comment

• billyrb
          BJ's Off-Road
          • Aug 15, 2001

I ordered a 6000rpm limiter for it this week

A limiter from the king of the go pedal?! Hahahaha! Puss!
          BJ's Off-Road
          [email protected]
          Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• Elliott
            Cowboy Up
            • Jun 22, 2002

Go with some solid lifters and a shaft mounted rocker system and skip the rev limiter. I've grabbed over 9,000rpm on my TR4.... you do want to be able to clean your tread right?
            *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
            ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• rockjeep44
              The Advisor
              • Oct 15, 2001

My limiter is adjustable up to 8000 But, that's gotta be pushing it for an AMC.
              Buggy Buildup

Comment

if you buy a new engine I'll poop in the manifold.
                Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
                I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
                Originally posted by johnny019
                I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• billyrb
                  BJ's Off-Road
                  • Aug 15, 2001

8k....talk about valve float! I know that MC had talked about them before, but haven't heard much in a long time. If you need a high-perf. AMC and MC isn't building them, I can put you in touch with a buddy of mine that has been building / racing AMC engines for about 30 years (featured in Car Craft / other mags, racer & race-course driving instructor at Road Atlanta). Guy knows his stuff....
                  BJ's Off-Road
                  [email protected]

Comment

• rockjeep44
                    The Advisor
                    • Oct 15, 2001

Yup, I've still got your number. I'd definitely like to chat with him when the time comes.
                    Buggy Buildup

Comment

• Bama Burden
                      350 Buick
                      • Jul 28, 2005

Doesn't somebody make an aluminum AMC block or am I tarded?

Comment

• Blinkinlights
                        258 I6
                        • Sep 19, 2004

tarded...definitely tarded

Greg
                        87 Grand Wagoneer 360/727/NP208
                        BJ's Front and Rear Dozer Bumpers
                        35x14.5x15 Boggers on 15x10's
                        Mile Marker H10500 Hydraulic Winch
                        http://photobucket.com/albums/y174/bANGr/

It's all fun and games until someone breaks a woodie.

Comment

• billyrb
                          BJ's Off-Road
                          • Aug 15, 2001

YEEEEOUCH! Saw those in the past, but forgot how much they run.
                          BJ's Off-Road
                          [email protected]

Comment

• Elliott
                            Cowboy Up
                            • Jun 22, 2002

My limiter is adjustable up to 8000 But, that's gotta be pushing it for an AMC.
                            Back when AMC ran TRANSAM they had a motor run for hours at WOT on a stand to try it out... that musta' been some kind of sound! Try that with any of these torque shoot out motors that you see in the "competitions" these days... half of the motors can't do 8 pulls.

***Edit, it never blew, they got tired of hearing it scream and eventually shut it down.
                            Last edited by Elliott; 11-22-2006, 12:00 PM.
                            *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
                            ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

I just bought the 500 block. I found some change in between the cushions of my couch. yeah for me!!!!!
                              Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
                              I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
                              Originally posted by johnny019
                              I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X