• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grand_wag_85
    Murphy's Law Poster Child
    • Dec 03, 2003

Originally posted by billyj7175
    I always did like the Alpine Loop over by Lake City...can easily be done in a stock rig.
    I've heard stories of guys taking 2wd Chevy Express conversion van campers over that road. Sounded like a heck of a ride for a van!
    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
    '88 GW
    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• Mark Wilde
      350 Buick
      • Jul 20, 2004

Originally posted by Gambler68
      and um...dare I mention it...something to lock your food up in when not taking it on the trail with you. Something...not made of fabric on the edge of the woods..

For the record, the only thing not in cans in my tent was a bag of marshmallows and grahm crackers. Forgot about that. I was more pissed about losing the s'mores!
      90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• fulsizjeep
        Señor Jackhead
        • Aug 21, 2002

So the ice box was not in a can right Mark?
        Flint
        Ran when parked.
        http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
        88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
        76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
        http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• bigun
          • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by Mark Wilde

For the record, the only thing not in cans in my tent was a bag of marshmallows and grahm crackers. Forgot about that. I was more pissed about losing the s'mores!

Still haven't seen pics of the remodeled tent. I have seen pics on the web of travel trailers opened up like soup cans by bears, so I suspect that a nylon tent did not offer any resistance.
          charlie
          KB0HXA
          "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
          How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
          Robert A. Heinlein
          The birth of CROM is recorded here
          http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Mark Wilde
            350 Buick
            • Jul 20, 2004

Flint, the cooler was outside the tent. Right next to it, but outside nonetheless.

And Charlie, it offered no resistance whatsoever.

Edit: I haven't even pulled the tent out of the case. Too snowy now, of course. I need to put up some pics of it though. Pretty cool claw marks!
            90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Where were you set up when it happened. Did it happen 2 days in a row?
              Tom Gibson
              1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
              1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
              1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
              2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• bigun
                • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by HOOT
                Where were you set up when it happened. Did it happen 2 days in a row?
                47 E as far as I know it was only the one time
                charlie
                KB0HXA

congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• uglyjeepling
                  350 Buick
                  • Feb 01, 2003

Darn it time went toooo fast. I lost my spot. Gonna wait till one of you guys in the 46 culdesac drop out. OK?

Yes I still have the great video of Kenny. I need to post it.

Keep on keepin on.
                  Matt 'Captain 'insert new stupid thing I did here''

"H2's are like sphincters, they're all crappy...and now Chinese."

'79 WT Cherokee, Black Stock Rims, BJ's Aluminum Radiator, 31" Firestone Destination M/T, PowerTrax No-Slip Locker, Hurculined passenger area, Holley Electronic Fuel Pump, TFI!!

'64 Mercury Comet Cyclone. Stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Wilde
                    I need to put up some pics of it though. Pretty cool claw marks!
                    The paw and claw prints were impressive!!! That bear was brazen! We were all sitting at the camping table, what... 100 feet away from the decimated tent, when the bear came back for seconds on those marshmallows!
                    Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                    77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                    The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• firecaptain13
                      350 Buick
                      • Jul 06, 2006

I'm really getting the itch to be there... just downloaded C.W. McCall's greatest hits. It includes Black Bear Pass, The Silverton and Four Wheel Drive
                      88 GW 4" lift, 31's, Razor

Comment

• bigun
                        • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by firecaptain13
                        I'm really getting the itch to be there... just downloaded C.W. McCall's greatest hits. It includes Black Bear Pass, The Silverton and Four Wheel Drive
                        I found this C.W. McCall number last night I had never heard it before! Recognize any of the pictures

Wilderness by Cw McCall with slide show of the Alpine Loop July 2008. This is from my Great Adventure on the trip I got to meet and talk to Bill at length. B...

Last edited by bigun; 01-20-2011, 10:24 PM.
                        charlie
                        KB0HXA

Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• firecaptain13
                          350 Buick
                          • Jul 06, 2006

Originally posted by bigun
                          I found this C.W. McCall number last night I had never heard it before! Recognize any of the pictures

Wilderness by Cw McCall with slide show of the Alpine Loop July 2008. This is from my Great Adventure on the trip I got to meet and talk to Bill at length. B...

Love the pic in the first one... got a few of the same ones myself. That second song is a little strange, even stranger video
                          88 GW 4" lift, 31's, Razor

Comment

• dblankenbaker
                            232 I6
                            • Oct 30, 2010

I just talked to Deborah at the campground and reserved tent space 41 for July 19-23. Spaces 51+ are reserved by another group , so I think I got the last space.
                            1989 Waggy=360/727/NP229/D44's/8"lift/36's/3.31's
                            1985 J20=The powertrain donor to my M677. But thinking about resurrecting the carcass as a short wheel base, topless, bobbed J20.
                            1982 J10 Sportside=360/727/NP208/D44HD+TruTrac/D60+DetroitLocker/4" lift/35's/4.10's
                            1967 M715=360/T98/NP205/38"XL/5.87's
                            1964 M677=360/727/NP208 build in process

Comment

• bigun
                              • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by dblankenbaker
                              I just talked to Deborah at the campground and reserved tent space 41 for July 19-23. Spaces 51+ are reserved by another group , so I think I got the last space.
                              IIRC lots of shade on that spot and close to the bathrooms
                              charlie
                              KB0HXA

Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• ne715
                                350 Buick
                                • Mar 16, 2006

Site 49

Part of our group has backed out so site 49 will be available. I haven't cancelled it with the KOA yet so it is still reserved, so if anyone would like to have it let me know, before I have to cancel it. I will wait to the last minute to cancel so no outsiders will be in the middle of our group.

Pam

Comment

Working...
                                X