X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newtojeeps
    350 Buick
    • Jun 28, 2006

Let everyone know if you do figure that out.
    I don't remember going through a third party to put up pictures of my rig on here. Why can't that be expanded?

Comment

• FSJunkie
      The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
      • Jan 09, 2011

Originally posted by newtojeeps
      I don't remember going through a third party to put up pictures of my rig on here. Why can't that be expanded?
      I think our wires are crossed here. Do you know how to post photos without a third party host?
      '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.

Comment

• newtojeeps
        350 Buick
        • Jun 28, 2006

The pic of your rig next to your name. As I recall , it just had you put a smaller JPEG pic direct from your computer to location. That was years ago.If you go down where it states Manage attachments You can put pics. not to exceed 25 KB

Comment

• ZackN920
          350 Buick
          • Nov 18, 2015

Lets see some pics people!!!

Here's some old junk I got in my collection.
          This is an L'Tatro radio. Very uncommon brand that didn't make it past the depression. In the background is a little Crosley. Both sets are from the mid 1930's.

Here's a 1934 Philco 60B cathedral radio. I restored it a few years ago.

1935/6 Philco 610F that I restored last year.

I also collect the tube television's
          Heres a 1956ish Admiral T103 that i restored.

Here's a 1964 Admiral protable.

How about some electric fans!
          1924 Emerson Northwind that I restored with mid 1930's GE 9" quietblade fan, then an Emerson JR Oscillator. Don't remember that one's time period, probably late 20's...

Big Vornado fan that I Restored from the 50's

16" Emerson from around 1940. Has one of their legendary single bearing motors in it. IMO, One of the best fan motor designs ever to be used.

and here's a mix mosh of junk before I cleaned that room up.

Got a lot more, and have some actual stereo equipment but the photos haven't made there way to flickr yet. If I could use photobucket, there would be many more I could post from their.
          1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
          Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
          ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• tgreese
            • May 29, 2003

I like the big radios, but I look at them and think "they may have 45s in them..."

Those old TVs are cool. How do you make them work now that there are no more NTSC TV broadcasts? Maybe you could connect them to an old VCR and play VHS tapes.
            Tim Reese
            Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
            Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
            Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
            GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
            ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• rang-a-stang
              Administrator
              • Oct 31, 2016

I love the fans! Like, now I am going to be side tracked searching ebay/craigslist for one for my desk at work. Thanks for distracting me from work and my project.
              Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
              (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
              (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
              79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
              (Cherokee Build Thread)
              11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
              09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
              00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• FSJunkie
                • Jan 09, 2011

Nope sorry. I cannot upload any photo as a file attachment. Whatever the size of the file, the window tells me it exceeds the forum quota by that exact file size....so basically any file is too large.

Comment

• ProTouring442
                  327 Rambler
                  • Mar 15, 2011

Not quite so old, but my home stereo consists of:

-Mitsubishi DP EC8 Turntable w/a Grado Gold cartridge
                  -Heathkit AP-1800 - Preamplifier
                  -Heathkit AD-1703 - 10-band EQ
                  -Heathkit AD-1706 - Sound Processor
                  -Heathkit AJ-1600 - Tuner
                  -Heathkit AA-1800 Poweramp
                  -ESS AMT3 Rock Monitors

For CDs I use an older RCA DVD player, and I have a Denon DR-M20 Cassette Deck.

I also have a DUAL 1229Q and a Harman/Kardon Raabco ST-7.
                  You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

• Brynjminjones
                    258 I6
                    • Jun 11, 2017

This is an interesting thread - nice to see other people like this stuff.

I'm currently using a Sansui AU-555a amplifier from ~1970.
                    It was actually my mother's from new back when she was in college. I found it about 8 years ago covered in dust in the attic and missing its plug.

I brought it down, cleaned it out and put a new plug on then fired it up. After some time twiddling all the knobs to clean off the oxidisation it started working like a charm and has been in daily use ever since.

It's currently my main system and hooked up to some Mordaunt Short Avant 914is which aren't nearly as old.

It has a lovely warm sound to it which really brings out the best in the speakers which can otherwise sometimes be a bit treble-heavy.
                    1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
                    1997 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 4.0
                    1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• FSJunkie
                      • Jan 09, 2011

I bought a pair of late 1960s Sansui SP-200 speakers off Craigslist Topeka, Kansas.

Rebuilt the crossover networks and they're sounding good. Not quite as good as my Pioneer CS-A700 speakers, but pretty darned good. They are definitely a speaker grills ON kind of speaker if you know what I mean. Some speakers look good with the grills off so you can see the drivers themselves, but others have ugly drivers and are better with the grills on. The Sansui drivers are ugly as sin, but they do sound nice. Grills on.

In other news, I want to sell a pair of Technics SB-CR33 speakers from I'm guessing the 1990's. Nothing wrong with them, they just don't match well to my amplifiers. PM me.

Comment

• men in black
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Jul 08, 2006

Here's my old stereo equip. Magnepan MG1 speakers from the early 70s with a SABA 760 stereo with ECLL 800 as output tubes ( photo soon)

1990 Grand Wagoneer.. black with sand interior..
                        Razor grille, Hella H4 headlights, Piaa driving, LED spider taillights, tinted windows.
                        Full Corinthian leather front and rear seats, custom full length center console with cup holders. 100 sf of Rattle Trap on floor.
                        Edelbrock intake and 2132 cam, Howell TBI, Ford Distributor Cap, TFI Ignition Coil, Desmogged

Comment

• tgreese
                          • May 29, 2003

Wow never heard of a ECLL800 - that's a dual pentode-triode. http://tdsl.duncanamps.com/link.php?target=09245EF7
                          This is for the output stage? Very unusual in amplifier service, I'd think - more for low tube count table radios and such. Aka 6KH8. Looking forward to pics.
                          Last edited by tgreese; 07-15-2018, 12:36 PM.
                          Tim Reese
                          Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.

Comment

• men in black
                            AMC 4 OH! 1
                            • Jul 08, 2006

"Triode + twin output tetrode, launched spring 1963 by Lorenz
                            Predecessors:~ELL80; successors: none
                            The ECLL800 consists of 2 output tetrodes same as the ELL80 plus an inverter triode designed for push- pull applications up to 8.5 watts output power."

Tube ECLL 800 or Röhre ECLL800 ID3449, Triode+Double-Beam Power Tube, Noval, 9 pin miniature (USA pico-9) B9A and Audio Frequency shown. Radio tubes

1990 Grand Wagoneer.. black with sand interior..
                            Razor grille, Hella H4 headlights, Piaa driving, LED spider taillights, tinted windows.
                            Full Corinthian leather front and rear seats, custom full length center console with cup holders. 100 sf of Rattle Trap on floor.
                            Edelbrock intake and 2132 cam, Howell TBI, Ford Distributor Cap, TFI Ignition Coil, Desmogged

Comment

• tgreese
                              • May 29, 2003

Pretty neat. Great that the page you posted has a typical schematic. It's a triode phase splitter, but different. The grid of one tetrode is connected to the grid of the triode. I guess that's in phase with the cathode, and should work like a cathode connection. The other grid is coupled to the plate of the phase splitter, as expected. Interesting.

From the picture, it looks like you have two ECLL800s and two output transformers. This would suggest that this amp can drive two sets of speakers at once, from different sources. Oh, never mind - stereo.
                              Last edited by tgreese; 07-15-2018, 07:37 PM.
                              Tim Reese

Comment

Working...
                              X