X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

DSPO left the Junkyard Dog sitting in a field on his farm and used it as a feeding station for his cattle for years

Here is just on pic of hay left over from that:

91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• mpdaddy
      232 I6
      • Nov 22, 2010

just found one more stupid thing the PO broke the needle on th ammeter and super glued it back on
      MPs lead the way

84 GW 360 auto
      97 wrangler inline 4 manual shift
      78 CJ7 360 manual shift

Comment

• JeepNOFEAR
        350 Buick
        • Nov 09, 2004

Originally posted by WagoneerinWi
        My PO did a Redneck fuel injection by piping in a lawnmower updraft carb into the aircleaner.

How well does this work?
        76 Cherokee Camo(Parts)
        76 Cherokee Camo 401/TH400/Dana300/HD44/14bolt/36s
        77 Cherokee blue 360/T18/D20/33s
        1969 AMC Javelin SST 390
        1968 AMC Javelin SST 290 (Parts)

Comment

• WagoneerinWi
          258 I6
          • Mar 19, 2010

It didn't except to make it run extremly rich.
          1985 GW

Comment

• grandwag89
            258 I6
            • Feb 27, 2009

I don't know how many DSPO's were before me, but I have reason to believe it was used as a fleet vehicle in Rome, GA for the first few years of it's life. Now that I have it (Dad bought it in '00 and gave up on it), it had all original fuel and vacuum lines from '89, badly tuned carb, no compression on #8, had a nasty miss which it still has that I think is due to an underpowered ignition system, some kind of security alarm that would go off for no reason driving down the road (finally took it out), a lot of wire and an antenna that I believe could have been for a two-way radio (cut out), disconnected speedometer, all the windows, all the lines from disconnected from the charcoal canister, and many vacuum lines disconnected.
            1989 Grand Wagoneer: 360/727/229, D44 F&R, 3.31, 125K
            1983 J20: 360/T18A/208, D60FF/D44HD, 4.10, 193K
            ------------------------------------------------------
            Non-FSJ:
            1980 Ford F100: 302 2V/C4, 9", 2.75, 180K
            1992 Ford F150: 302 EFI/M5OD, 8.8, 3.55, 300K
            1995 Chevrolet C2500: 350 TBI/4L60E, 14 Bolt, 3.42, 315K

Comment

• tazjeeper
              327 Rambler
              • Apr 05, 2010

put v8 in without changing stuff to make it work right like tranny, and such...
              so when the rest of the mickeymouse crap that was done falls apart its a job and a half to just change a tranny....
              he also bent the firewall so the engine would fit onto the tranny,
              broke the heater core holder so the exhaust would fit...
              used a braket of who knows what for the alt... now after it hitting on the sending unit for the oil it not only has take'n the sending unit out but has put a bunch of oil in the altenator and made it not work...
              I think after I get the tranny in I am just going to go build another truck and then take this one off the road to do it up right...
              JEEP Why did they make so many??? I just don't have the time to buy them all...LOL

Comment

• austinaubinoe
                360 AMC
                • Aug 08, 2010

Well the PO of my Cherokee did a very good job of swapping in the 1979 D60 front end, but failed to grease up the hubs.

Well it snowed a couple inches in MD a 2 days ago, but would not go into 4x4! Turns out the hubs were full of dirt! Got a rebuild kit on the way.

On my Wagoneer just 2 things so far. the harness that runs along the passenger side valve cover was melted to the air tubes. Took my 30 minutes to cut the old plastic tubing away. Replaced it with new plastic tubing and lined it on one side with aluminum/fiberglass insolation tape that I bought at HD for like 4 bucks.

Also, whatever they used to seal the valve covers is oozing out and leaking oil, causing it to smoke. On my last order from rockauto, I added some Fel-Pro valve gaskets to go on when I eliminate the emissions system, and get some fancy cast valve covers in the spring.
                Austin

1991 Hunter Green Grand Wagoneer
                5.9 2bbl-727-NP229-TFI-30x9.5 Firestone M/T's-Brush Guard-tire mount
                SOON: 4350 and cast iron intake

Others:
                -1994 Baby Grand
                -2000 XJ cherokee on Tons
                -1953 REO M35A2 6x6
                -1955 Willys Pickup

Originally posted by rustywagoneers_com
                i am not an addict, i can stop anytime.
                i dont have a problem, you people have the problem.

Comment

• Brizio
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Apr 11, 2008

The po, didn't make nothink on mine, and with nothing, I mean really nothing...
                  brizios.com
                  Small Scale Jeeps
                  Brizios

Comment

• eurowag
                    232 I6
                    • Feb 19, 2010

glad were all in the same boat here! heres my gems

1. They broke the oil dipstick tube clean in half! Then used a bit of rubber fuel pipe with 2 jubilee clips to hold the 2 parts together ( so after checking oil dipstick wouldnt return as it caught on the lower halfs lip! )
                    2. Wired the radio to instrument light dimmer - so if you dim the panel lamps the radio goes off!
                    3.replaced the brake lines - but left all the rotten originals in place
                    4. replaced the headliner - but severed the console cables to temp and compass
                    5. replaced part of the loadspace floor - with rivits and bondo

happy daze
                    1990 White Grand Wagoneer 360

1998 Green XJ Cherokee 4 litre LTD euro spec
                    1964 Red Ford Falcon Sprint 289 5 speed
                    1961 Red Austin Healey 3000
                    1971 Silver Honda 500 Four
                    1989 Pontiac Safari 8 seater wagon

Comment

• Tad
                      • Nov 30, 2001

Mine was a parts rig when I bought it.
                      I'm sure someday I will be that PO (although it's worth way more in parts than on the road).
                      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• chrisnsarah
                        360 AMC
                        • Sep 24, 2000

The craziest I ever saw was on a parts truck I bought (ok I got it for free). It had a 3" spring over lift using stacked pieces of 2 1/4" oak flooring as lift blocks in the front and rear. Since it appeared to be an abandoned project, I'm giving the PO the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a mockup for a real lift, but the wood was painted black and trimmed neatly .
                        '64 J200 thriftside
                        '67 J2000 townside custom cab
                        '68 Jeepster Commando
                        '69 Super Wagoneer
                        '75 J10
                        '79 Cherokee S WT
                        '75 Cherokee
                        '61 Aristocrat Lil Loafer

Comment

• Dr. Marneaus
                          360 AMC
                          • Jun 16, 2010

Lets see....

1. Wired tons of crap in all with the same color blue wire (must have been on sale)
                          2. Painted the motor chevy orange.
                          3. Removed the main fuel tank and left only the aux tank from a Previous previous owner, and made it so i wont be able to put the main one back without major work.
                          4. Wired everything under the hood while blindfolded apparently.
                          5. installed an Edelbrock...grrr...
                          6. Installed a cat to get it to smog, then had a pipe welded in to make the cat non functional.
                          7. Repaired the AC lines with hose clamps.
                          8. Repaied everything else possible (side view mirror included) with hose clamps.
                          9. This....think it smelled good inside my truck for the first month?
                          Originally posted by FSJunkie
                          Dr. Marneaus is now officially my idol.
                          The Mag - The Wag

The Beast Build Thread:Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread
                          1973 Wagoneer - 1987 360 w/ factory 4bbl - TH400 - D20 - D30/D44

Comment

• chrisnsarah
                            360 AMC
                            • Sep 24, 2000

Originally posted by Dr. Marneaus
                            Lets see....

1. Wired tons of crap in all with the same color blue wire (must have been on sale)
                            2. Painted the motor chevy orange.
                            3. Removed the main fuel tank and left only the aux tank from a Previous previous owner, and made it so i wont be able to put the main one back without major work.
                            4. Wired everything under the hood while blindfolded apparently.
                            5. installed an Edelbrock...grrr...
                            6. Installed a cat to get it to smog, then had a pipe welded in to make the cat non functional.
                            7. Repaired the AC lines with hose clamps.
                            8. Repaied everything else possible (side view mirror included) with hose clamps.
                            9. This....think it smelled good inside my truck for the first month?
                            OMG, is that a galvanized plumbing fitting on the filler neck?
                            '64 J200 thriftside
                            '67 J2000 townside custom cab
                            '68 Jeepster Commando
                            '69 Super Wagoneer
                            '75 J10
                            '79 Cherokee S WT
                            '75 Cherokee
                            '61 Aristocrat Lil Loafer

Comment

• Rudys78J10
                              232 I6
                              • Apr 13, 2010

Just started to pull back the house carpet in the J and found 4 layers of tar paper. All glued of course.
                              2007 Silverado - My DD
                              2008 XK - GF's DD
                              2000 TJ - GF's toy (soon to have 4" susp lift, 2" bl, 33's)
                              1978 J10 - My new toy

Comment

• suzq044
                                304 AMC
                                • Dec 23, 2008

Levi:
                                De-smogged a california truck
                                got rid of the front driveshaft, and entire rear window assembly; i most of the in-cab wiring is suspect as well.

Max: None yet! Most of his problems are age-related.

Chuck (XJ):
                                left a crack pipe in one of the many open hoses under the dash.
                                Welded the tow-hitch to the body instead of attaching it appropriately to the frame.
                                Bondo'd the a-pillar to make it "look normal", while it is structurally unsafe, most likely.
                                It likely has a bent front subframe due to at least one head-on collision (we assume drugs were involved) We carfax'd the car, but nothing showed
                                under-hood wiring is now in question, as it seems to show the battery idiot-light fairly often in the rain, and we confirmed the alternator wiring may be to blame.

Regardless, it still runs (and off-roads) like a champ, and is only a 2.5L rwd .. lol
                                Last edited by suzq044; 01-03-2011, 04:52 PM.
                                Max²: 1964 Jeep Panel Wagoneer
                                Planning Stages

2018 Wagoneer Rendering if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X