• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 440sixpack
    327 Rambler
    • Jul 21, 2016

Farbric Protectors

Anyone know of anything better than Scotch Guard ? My new tan Levis seats are going to stain easy I can see that . I'd like to do whatever I can to protect them.
  • Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

did not quite understand your post... from what i gather you have a new custom set of seat skins? yes i would go to a pro shop and have them treated, BUT i would have some cheap cheesy quick removal covers for DD use so you dont spill coffee of get french fry stains LOL

I have mint condition leather OEM sets, which i protect in the same manner i use a light blanket on the rear bench seat

sunlight and ozone ( whatever its called) is the killer.....
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• joe
      • Apr 28, 2000

Have you talked with an upholstery shop pro?
      Only waterproofing thing I know of is NikWax but it's for restoring the factory's waterproofing on synthetic riding gear (Gortex etc). It's a wash-in cleaner and waterproofing. I have no idea if it works on denim (very lightweight canvas). Not saying you should use it but might be worth checking into? Works great on my riding gear (Aerostich). I use it about once every year or two. It works good for up here in the PNW rain country. If your denim is pre-schrunk I suspect it'd work but I'd ask a pro first.
      joe
      "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• 440sixpack
        327 Rambler
        • Jul 21, 2016

I had the recovered with NOS fabric. stain resistance is all I'm looking for.

I'm trying to fins some slip on covers in case for some reason they were needed. everything I've found is for high backs. but I suppose they'd work in a pinch.

Comment

• ShagWagon
          350 Buick
          • Apr 10, 2016

3m Scotchguard?

Is all that comes to mind for fabric.

I use aerospace 303 protectant on just about everything else I can get away with for UV protection, maintenance, restoration and rehydration.
          87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

Working...
          X