• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ursusarticus
    232 I6
    • Apr 03, 2005

Early Jeep logo

Does Anyone know what the correct colors are for the early red & Gold round Jeep logo used on the early Wagoneers and Pickups? I ask because I'd like to freshen up the ones on the grille and horn button on my 1969 Jeepasaurous Wagoneer.
    Ursusarticus
  • joe
    • Apr 28, 2000

The emblem colors aren't listed with the body paint codes in the PM's so don't know the "correct" colors. I've freshened up the emblems buy taking them into a hobbly/nodel shop. Look for the racks of Testors Enamel model paint. You'll find some close enough colors that will look/work pretty good.
    joe
    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• MMinMN
      232 I6
      • Nov 30, 2009

Many paint shops have color scanners, just bring it in and adjust from there
      1979 Cherokee Chief W/T - M/T: Project
      1987 Grand Wagoneer W/Excellent Interior: Project Donor
      And the past:
      1979 Bronze Cherokee Golden Eagle W/T - 360 A/T
      1978 Charcoal Gray Cherokee Chief W/T - 401 A/T
      1966 Navy Wagoneer w/Vigilante 327 M/T

Comment

For scanning the colors, lightly hand polish and take to an auto paint supply store and they can take a pic of it and come up with a formula. Bite is you might be able to buy a couple of ozs. of each color or you might have to buy up to a pint of each. Not cheap if you have to do a pint.

The hobby sop for Testors, Tamiya, etc. model enamels might be the better choic if not coing for a "restoration perfect" look.
        Art
        ASE Master Collision Tech
        "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• YJ-4BT
          232 I6
          • May 13, 2010

Originally posted by joe
          Look for the racks of Testors Enamel model paint. You'll find some close enough colors that will look/work pretty good.
          Not a bad idea. Any ideas on how long the color would go without having to touch up due to UV/fading?

Comment

• joe
            • Apr 28, 2000

Originally posted by YJ-4BT
            Not a bad idea. Any ideas on how long the color would go without having to touch up due to UV/fading?
            No idea but it's enamel paint so should last a reasonable time. The ones I did were still on the truck when I sold it a couple years later and still looked good so it'll last a couple years anyway. Like any paint, final results are highly dependent on the surface prep work.
            joe
            "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

I used some blue on the alum trim belt molding on the cab back on a 75 Chev p/u to put the wife's nickname and my blood type on it. Held up for 4-5 years before I had to redo it.
              Art
              ASE Master Collision Tech
              "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

Working...
              X