International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Build Threads

Old 02-16-2018, 08:53 AM
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps
The serehill modification is not available anymore. He unfortunately passed recently. The switch I won is an exact match unless the terminals on the back are different. It did not show the backside in the auction. I intend to do my own electrical modification using relays etc. Unless we go with a hand crank set up. Originally Sadie had a motor powered window and I assume Bill wants to keep it that way.

A late snow here. 10 inches last night. I still have snow to move this morning.
I am officially ready for spring.

Right, but from what I remember when I installed his kit it wasn't a special toggle switch. If I still had the FSJ that I installed serehills kit in I would check out the switch and see exactly what switch it was.
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 360
Old 02-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Red face

I shall return.... Eventually. Two wednesdays ago I checked weather up at my dads home. To my disgusted horror I saw a week of well below freezing weather there. I immediately jumped in the truck for yet another unplanned trip to the other side of the state to again pick up Bill (owner of Sadie) and we headed up loaded with insulation and pipe wrap to try and avert any more damage to his place. There is a sale pending and I can't risk loosing it. We slammed it out and I returned home here last Monday to sub zero weather and a ton more snow. It has snowed every day. I have been fighting something ever since. Not feeling very well. Probably otter poop poisoning...
I do have a nice pile of new parts here. Yes the tailgate NOS switch I won is correct. Sadie is going to be a cream puff of a rig. I see the post counts climbing every day. Sorry to those of you who check back so frequently. Looking for something good. Only to find I am messing around with life krap. I otter (PUN) be able to catch up soon.
And I see Frank is buried in snow and low temps also. We are going to find him in the spring frozen to a frame rail with a spray gun in his hand looking exactly like Jack Nicholson in The Shining. A crazed look in his eyes. Icicles hanging from his respirator and all. ...
Stay tuned. I will finish this build this summer if it kills me.

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 and 71 project J trucks
1953 Willy's wagon
And a few more providing high end housing for mice.
Jeepers Disease, The uneasy feeling of being on dry pavement.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:26 PM
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps
I shall return....

And I see Frank is buried in snow and low temps also. We are going to find him in the spring frozen to a frame rail with a spray gun in his hand looking exactly like Jack Nicholson in The Shining. A crazed look in his eyes. Icicles hanging from his respirator and all. ...

Stay tuned. I will finish this build this summer if it kills me.

Al, you don't know just how close to the truth that is. Never last year with huge amounts of snow (insulation) did I have a problem keeping the shop warm. This year with relatively little snow the near zero temps have keep me from painting several times.

I did get a belly laugh out of this as i drew a visual!