• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CO-J10
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 30, 2020

New to FSJs, 81 J10 LWB townside

Just picked up this J10 at an estate sale, one-owner (till me) 157k, 360 4-speed base, with what seems to be the 'pioneer' interior. 2-tone Cameo Tan over Copper Brown. Been in covered storage (but apparently not an actual barn) since 2002, just got it fired up a few days ago. Needs a lot of general maintenance considering how long it's been asleep, but it does move under it's own power. Looking forward to driving it!

I've been on the AMC side of the hobby for a long time, so I do know my way around a 360, and have had a 95 Grand Cherokee in the past. Lots to learn about these relics though, just found an 81 TSM on ebay, so plenty of reading ahead.
    81 Jeep J-10 townside, 360/4-speed
  • jsinajeep
    304 AMC
    • Nov 26, 2005

good to have you on the forum. sound like a good project. You know whats next........Pictures
    http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• 7350life
      232 I6
      • Jul 05, 2020

Welcome from Southern Colorado. You live in the real Colorado, what people imagine when the think of this state.

And congrats on the J10. I bought a '79 J10 about a month ago and I'm still reading.
      1979 J10, 304 V8, 4-speed manual

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

FANTASTIC!!! sounds like an awesome project! What are your plans?
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• CO-J10
          230 Tornado
          • Jul 30, 2020

Originally posted by jsinajeep
          good to have you on the forum. sound like a good project. You know whats next........Pictures

So far, it's been pretty easy bringing it back to life. Just found the one big missing part (the tailgate) so I brought that home tonight. needs a complete going through, and it's missing the scissor hinges, but at least it's got the pivots and latch assy. Hopefully the hinges won't be impossible to find...

And yes pics soon. it's not quite photogenic just yet...

Comment

• CO-J10
            230 Tornado
            • Jul 30, 2020

Originally posted by 7350life
            Welcome from Southern Colorado. You live in the real Colorado, what people imagine when the think of this state.

And congrats on the J10. I bought a '79 J10 about a month ago and I'm still reading.

Thanks! and yes, I'm at 6800', that for the moment anyways, isn't on fire. Just about everything around me is though!

Comment

• CO-J10
              230 Tornado
              • Jul 30, 2020

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
              FANTASTIC!!! sounds like an awesome project! What are your plans?

Plans right now are to get it up and running, and do a rolling-resto mechanically, leaving it as stock and original as possible. It's pretty much rust free -a rarity with these I'm learning - so I'm leaving the patina as-is. Interior is in astonishingly good shape other than the headliner, and I've got some new material coming for that this week.

Comment

• RM45acp
                232 I6
                • Apr 12, 2017

Welcome! I've only been to colorado once but it seemed like a great place to own a Jeep! Enjoy the process
                1979 Cherokee NT, my beautiful two door chariot. 360/T18/D20, she's a work in progress

1991 Silverado ECSB, waiting on an LS swap from my lazy ass since it caught fire, maybe one day it'll pull my camper again

Comment

Working...
                X