• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksonjack
    232 I6
    • Jan 04, 2003

stock 4 barrel intake to carb

Have a 77 with a stock 4 barrel intake. Have an edelbrock square bore barb sitting around. went to stick it on and it doesn't match up. Went to the "zone" looking for an adapter and found a square bore to spreadbore adapter but it still doesn't fit. Whats the problem and whats the fix. I thought I had a cheap and easy thing going since I had a 4bbl intake and the edelbrock laying around?
  • Green Giant
    360 AMC
    • Jul 31, 2001

Do a search in the general tech section on the 4350.
    To use anything but the 4350, you will have to change the manifold, but it all depends on how you use your rig. Read this thread especially:
    Lots of opinions on 4 barrells
    Todd Moon
    78 Cherokee Chief
    78 Chief
    66 J-3600
    69 J-3500
    67 CJ-5
    67 J-100 w/BARN DOORS

48 CJ2-A
    Proud member of Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
    cfsjc.com
    No part of this post, written or pictured, may be re-used by any individual or organization or publication without my express written permission.
    (Thanks, Flint!)

Comment

• carrotman
      327 Rambler
      • Oct 21, 2003

Do you mean that the carb fits on all four studs, but the barrels don't line up with the barrel cutouts on the manifold? I got a Carter AFB, similar to the Edelbrock squarebore on the stock manifold. Got a 3/4 inch, four-hole, fiber spacer and used a round file to smooth the transition from square to spread bore.
      76 Chief, T18, 3.54, HEI, Carter AFB.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        304 AMC
        • Apr 09, 2000

The prob is that the AMC spreadbore and the spreadbore of the ilk that was intended for that autozone adapter spread the opposite ways. You need an adapter from i think jegs.....which last time i checked was $47
        NathanielButts
        IFSJA Member #18
        RIP-USS Minnow-The three hour tour is over.
        MacGuyver - 1985 Grand Wagoneer
        TFI, Edel Intake, Holley 80457S (yeah, it's shiney), K8600, K&N, Taylor Wires, Ford HD springs, and way freakin' cooooooool

Comment

• Gawdzilla.
          360 AMC
          • Oct 11, 2003

Originally posted by jacksonjack:
          Have a 77 with a stock 4 barrel intake. Have an edelbrock square bore barb sitting around. went to stick it on and it doesn't match up. Went to the "zone" looking for an adapter and found a square bore to spreadbore adapter but it still doesn't fit. Whats the problem and whats the fix. I thought I had a cheap and easy thing going since I had a 4bbl intake and the edelbrock laying around?
          define "doesn't fit"
          I bought one of those chinese spacers and had to redrill the bolt holes to match my edelbrock carb to edelbrock intake- going from squarebore carb to spreadbore intake (another DSPO option) but it works!
          Ed Mitchell
          74 J10

Comment

Working...
          X