• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brielly
    350 Buick
    • Dec 30, 2002

Rhino Grille Reproductions

My original thread is now a few years old and unfortunately photobucket has taken my photos hostage $$$ So I'm starting a new thread. I've been building and selling these grilles for a few years and to answer the #1 question I get...... YES, I'm still making them. Please read below for details

What it is-a reproduction gladiator/rhino grille taken directly from an original. Its made of fiberglass and is finished in primer. The grille has the exact shape and dimensions as an original. It will bolt up just like the real thing. The grille can easily be painted with automotive paint or if you really take your time sanding you can also use a chrome paint

What it isn't-a show piece that will win you a trophy at the next competition. There are minor imperfections since the original was not perfect but in really good shape. There are small spots here and there that need to be sanded flush. This was due to minor imperfections in the mold due to tiny air bubbles. It does look very good strait on and from five feet away looks nearly perfect. A close inspection will of course reveal the imperfections. It would take many many hours to make it perfect to the point where I'd have to charge way more than anyone would want to pay.

I will leave the 5 mounting tabs undrilled so that each customer can adjust where the grille gets mounted. I know on my 82 I had to mount my original gladiator a little lower so the hood wouldn't hit it when closed. The tabs on the repro grille are wide enough to where each customer should be able to drop it down far enough for the hood to clear. Those with older style hoods will not have this problem since the hood is shaped differently.

Prices are as follows: Grille $160, Grille with emblem $175. full kit-grille/emblem/pie pans $210. Shipping generally runs in the $30-$50 range.

If you are interested in a grille please email me [email protected]. I mainly build these late spring through early fall with summer being when I am able to produce the most. I try to produce extra inventory but usually sell out by winter. At that time I can add you to the wait list for spring. I do not take deposits. I just build them and contact you when its done. If you don't have the funds at the moment it goes to the next person in line. Paypal is my preferred payment method. Email me at [email protected] with any questions.
    For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email [email protected]

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, AX-15, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*
  • brielly
    350 Buick
    • Dec 30, 2002

more photos

For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email [email protected]

Comment

• brielly
      350 Buick
      • Dec 30, 2002

At this time there is only a 1 week wait time for a grille. Email me at [email protected] to order.

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
        360 AMC
        • Oct 02, 2002

Very nice work. If you are interested in plating these check out "Cosmichrome" I have a new in the box mini plating system I bought for 3K. It has never seen chemicals and if you decided you might want to put a chrome finish on your grill's and parts, PM me and I will make you a heck of a deal.
        Cosmichrome uses silver for a chrome finish and is the only plating system that won't yellow. I decided to not get into the plating business. I also reproduce FSJ parts, (firewall pad sets, door sill plates, tailgate panels, early reverse light panels, etc. Glad to see someone else making stuff for them.
        Again nice reproductions.
        Melford1972 says...
        I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
        -----------------------
        I make wag parts
        1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
        1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
        1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
        1968 M715 restomod
        2001 Dodge 3500
        2002 Toyota Tundra
        2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
        Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• brielly
          350 Buick
          • Dec 30, 2002

Thanks. I leave the final coating up to the end user. I've had guys rattle can paint them various colors including chrome and one guy even rhino lined it.

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
            350 Buick
            • Feb 15, 2010

have you had anyone chrome this grill? will chrome adhere to the fiberglass?

Comment

• brielly
              350 Buick
              • Dec 30, 2002

I believe you can have it chromed, not sure if anyone has done that however. I know one guy used some really nice chrome paint with excellent results.

Comment

• brielly
                350 Buick
                • Dec 30, 2002

Update 7/22/19 I made around 20 or so grilles this summer for those who were on the wait list. At this time there is no wait for a grille. If you're looking for one, now is a great time to order. I should have them in stock through the fall and with any luck into the winter if I can make enough of them before the weather cools off. Email [email protected] to order

Comment

• brielly
                  350 Buick
                  • Dec 30, 2002

Sold out until the spring! Email me if you want to get on the waitlist. No deposit required. [email protected]

Comment

• brielly
                    350 Buick
                    • Dec 30, 2002

Hey guys, If you are on the wait list please be patient. The weather has been too cold so far this spring. I was finally able to get started the other day and now temps are forecast to be in the 50's for the next week or so. It needs to be 70+. Hang in there. As soon as it warms up I'll be making up for lost time. If you are interested in ordering email me [email protected]. Thanks!

Comment

• brielly
                      350 Buick
                      • Dec 30, 2002

update: 31 grilles completed so far this summer. All previous orders are complete! At this time I can make you a grille in 2 days. To order or ask questions email [email protected] Thank you to everyone who has purchased a grille!

Comment

• brielly
                        350 Buick
                        • Dec 30, 2002

Hey guys and girls. Just fyi I'm sold out until the spring. If you want to get on the wait list email me [email protected]

Comment

• brielly
                          350 Buick
                          • Dec 30, 2002

Update 7/15/21
                          Due to high demand and increasing material costs. I am now offering 2 options- the grille for $190 or the grille with pie pans for $235. I am no longer making the emblems. They can be purchased on ebay and the original will bolt up to my grilles if you want to go that route. If you are interested email me [email protected]

Comment

• brielly
                            350 Buick
                            • Dec 30, 2002

Just an FYI, I'm making my way through the wait list for those who are interested. Prices are now $200 for the grille and $245 for the grille and pie pans. Unfortunately inflation has dramatically increased my costs.

Comment

• kenpoloren
                              230 Tornado
                              • Sep 25, 2023

Brielly, are you still selling the reproduction grills?

Comment

Working...
                              X