• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merc69
    304 AMC
    • Sep 03, 2002

Axle build started today...now with pics

Well I started the break down of the good 14 bolt. It appears I will be taking the entire axle down. Then new bearings through out. Put the diff back in and install the disc brake setup. While everything is apart I will trim the housing and take the lip off and maybe a little extra.

I have a new ring and pinion, wheel bearings and u-joints for the Dana 60. Should be here by Tuesday. I plan on that getting started late next week.

Still have to figure out which high steer arms to go with. Any suggestions?

Pics to follow soon

[ August 29, 2004, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Merc69 ]
    Merc69/ Bruce AKA G.O.D. (Grumpy Old Dude)
    "PsyOp" 87 Grand Wagoneer, 360, Powered by Propane, NP-208 t-case, Dana 60 front 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker, Corp 14 bolt 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker. Alcan Springs up front, Chevy 63", Hydraulic Steering

Under Construction: 4 link rear suspension, Klune-v and Ford 205 transfer case
  • JeepKahn
    350 Buick
    • Mar 21, 2002

Originally posted by Merc69:

Still have to figure out which high steer arms to go with. Any suggestions?
    Check out www.Sky-Manufacturing.com , that's where I got mine, nice Guy to deal with, Sky that is...
    \"Smoke\'m, They\'ll Stick\"<br /><br />Got Heat Problems???Want Free HP???<br />Check This Out!!!<br /><a href=\"http://www.ifsja.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=024412\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.ifsja.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=024412</a><br /><br />Jeremy Kahn [email protected]<br />79 J10Honcho \"SickPuppy\"<br />360,Th400,D20,[email protected],35x12.50s <br />Mobi-Arc on board welder<br /><br />Winston-Salem,NC<br /><br />!!!Will Weld for Gas!!!

Comment

• Merc69
      304 AMC
      • Sep 03, 2002

Well I have the old shock mounts tourched off along with the original spring perches. I spent some quality time with a saws all and a grinder and shaved the pig. What a difference. Have a look

"PsyOp" 87 Grand Wagoneer, 360, Powered by Propane, NP-208 t-case, Dana 60 front 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker, Corp 14 bolt 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker. Alcan Springs up front, Chevy 63", Hydraulic Steering

Comment

• Rogue
        360 AMC
        • Nov 17, 2001

looking good bruce

PS - if work continues as good as it has then we can continue talking about your 74

[ August 29, 2004, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Rogue ]
        Jeff - 74 Cherokee S 401/400/QT - basically stock

Comment

• Poley
          360 AMC
          • Mar 22, 2003

that is nice
          Fullsized Gets it DONE!!!!

Comment

• rockjeep44
            The Advisor
            • Oct 15, 2001

Bling bling, i love the look of fresh metal
            Buggy Buildup

Originally posted by welchct
            There are about 5 trails that actualy have section that are upwards of 85* and climb 40-50 feet at this deg.
            "The combination of fine split tail and fine whiskey will make any man lose focus." -FSJeeper

Comment

• Merc69
              304 AMC
              • Sep 03, 2002

Thanks Andrew...I am using one of the BTF 14 bolt covers. That thing appears to be able to withstand bullet impacts.

Comment

• Merc69
                304 AMC
                • Sep 03, 2002

UPS has just dropped off another box...Randys Ring and Pinion is great. Front axle parts and the 14 bolt parts arrived in 2 days.

Got to love the the fact they have a warehouse in Tenn.

Now I guess I have work to do [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

• dnixon
                  360 AMC
                  • Jul 28, 2002

Yeah I am going with the sky steering arms aswell.. I really dig them. They are a pretty good price for what you are getting as well.
                  All It Takes Is Money.
                  I'm the reason why you can only have Jeeps for Avatars. You're welcome.

Comment

Nice work Bruce... coming along nicely.... keep it up...
                    Todd
                    www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Merc69
                      304 AMC
                      • Sep 03, 2002

Todd where have you been...that was completed about a year ago. Drove the rig to the ECI this past June...have you been back into the pain meds from the knee surgery

Comment

• Sambo
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Sep 25, 2001

lol i was gonna trim the pig on my 14bolt but decided to let it self clearance alot of rocks out here
                        so what gears are ya going to run???
                        77 chero DEAD.
                        84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

• waggin'ear
                          350 Buick
                          • Apr 24, 2001

I saw this thread pop back to the front spontaneously like there was a glitch in the matrix.

Still makes me feel like I work really slowly though since I know that Merc started his stuff long after I did.
                          adam

Gotta a lot of junk

" I may not be good, but at least I'm slow"

Comment

• Merc69
                            304 AMC
                            • Sep 03, 2002

It has 4.56 gears and Adam is right this phase of the project ended over a year ago. I don't now why it poped back up...I just figured Todd was recovering from sugery again.

You know good meds

Comment

• mudslider
                              304 AMC
                              • Sep 26, 2004

i know why it popped up LMAO. i posted and then figured my question out and then deleted my post so it stayed. LOL
                              P.J
                              Stupidity rules at all times! Famous last words "Hey, watch this" Its 5:00 Somewhere. 1983 J10 In process: 360 ci install

Comment

Working...
                              X