• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delta 18
    232 I6
    • Aug 11, 2015

additional gauges

I want to install a tach and vacuum gauge in the wagon.

any recommendations on install location?
    any recommendations on brands? it would be nice if they "matched".

It would be nice to see some examples

Mike
    Mike
    '87 grandwagoneer,

MSD 6A
    229 727 dana 44 axles
  • Cliff
    350 Buick
    • Mar 30, 2002

This is really up to individual tastes. I prefer Auto Meter - been reliable and I like the look. I would use a 2-5/8" size and pair them somewhere. Getting a clean look can be tough, no matter what you do they look like an add-on. I really like the look of my Cherokee dash and would hate to add gauges, but it's nice to have the additional info. A vac gauge is great if you are trying to drive efficiently. But if you want to do that you wouldn't have an FSJ.
    Cliff Danley
    1977 Cherokee S

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

I am not a fan of aftermarket gauges on/under my dash. I am adding a panel inside my glove box for among other things, my trans temp and fuel pressure gauges. That way when I want to see them, I open my glove box, there they are and when I don't see them I close it and they are hidden. My tach (fairly small) will be mounted on my steering column to the upper left side. I don't have a picture to show you.

I personally think a vacuum gauge is handier under the hood. that's where you do your troubleshooting anyway. I keep mine in my tool box and hook it up when I need it. Mine is an old school Stewart Warner I bought at a swap meet.
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
        304 AMC
        • Jul 20, 2014

If you want to keep the dash stock and don't want all kinds of stuff hanging from the the bottom of the dash, it leaves you with very few options. One that could work is the A pillar cluster. Hundreds of choices, you might be able to make this work.
        1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
        Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
          304 AMC
          • Jul 20, 2014

This is what I'am going with, Zacks Jeeps put it together for me.
          [IMG][/IMG]
          1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
          Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
            304 AMC
            • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• babywag
              out of order
              • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by Cliff
              This is really up to individual tastes.
              Agree...google images has lotsa pics just specify site:ifsja.org when searching.
              Tony
              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

Working...
              X