• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeepmandave
    232 I6
    • May 29, 2011

My classic2current experience

A few weeks ago I ordered a set of floor pans for my J20. I ordered from C2C because it said something like moulded to fit. WRONG! Poor fit. I called customer service and they asked me to email pics..I did. I waited and heard nothing back until I contacted them through eBay. After a few emails they told me to send the uncut ones back after I told them that every single one had to be cut because they were too big to fit. I understand SOME trimming but this was ridiculous. The fit was awful but they just wanted to blame me for all the problems. Just buy sheet metal and make your own...Much cheaper. I'm forever done with this company.
  • SJTD
    304 AMC
    • Apr 26, 2012

What did you want from them after trying to use the parts?

Seems if you get crummy parts you send them back, not try to use them and complain when they don't fit.

But thanks for the warning.
    Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• KaiserMan
      I got the Willys....
      • Jun 21, 2005

Originally posted by SJTD

Seems if you get crummy parts you send them back, not try to use them and complain when they don't fit.
      And how would he have known they don't fit if he hadn't tried to use them?

Classic2Current is a really hit or miss place when it comes to quality.
      Thomas Russell
      1987 Cherokee Laredo 2-Door 4.0/AW4
      1971 Gladiator
      J2000 Platform-Stake Dump 350/T18

1970 Gladiator J3000 3407Z Camper Truck 350/T18
      1968 Wagoneer Custom 327/TH400

Comment

• SJTD
        304 AMC
        • Apr 26, 2012

Maybe a good point. I'd have thought you could tell before starting if they were that bad. I think I'd have stopped after the first one, though.

"Every single one". How many are there?
        Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
          304 AMC
          • Jul 20, 2014

I bought a set of front floor pans from them and had no problems with mine. Fit was as expected. Looked just like what was in my Wagoneer. If you go to my build thread you can see what mine looked like and how I put them in. Again, the install is not perfect, but came out okay for a nonprofessional.
          1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
          Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• mrtazwrench
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Nov 10, 2001

Were you working on a wagon or a J-truck? I think they have wagon rear floor pan listed under J-truck also.
            Chad
            "Let's see that Red Blue Green **** sucker build one of these without duct taping it together!"
            https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=76427b95fd
            88Wag
            87J20 Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
            83Cherokee WT
            82J20
            Parts vehicles: 1.5 Wags, 3.5 J20's, 1 J10 1 J300

Comment

• WrenchMonkey
              232 I6
              • Dec 15, 2016

I got the correct pans for my truck and they mostly fit pretty decent... but I have many hours welding, bending, cutting, welding, grinding, hammering, blow torching, ect ad naseum... maybe they could fit a little better..
              1977 J20 w/ the 360 V8 with 304 heads formerly known as "401"....
              Edelbrock Performer, Street Demon Carb, HEI Distributor

Comment

Working...
              X