X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OutrageGIS
    258 I6
    • Feb 26, 2011

Very nice, really like the white gauges with the blue dash.
    79 Cherokee, 360, QT, Stocky

At Large Board Member, Central South-East Jurisdiction, Elijah Craig Chapter, Bluegrass Division, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
      Banned
      • Mar 01, 2009

Originally posted by Tinkerjeep
      AAAHHHRRRGGGHHH!!!

Gotta HERE IT!!!
      Nooo. Not uhgin! I tiped sumthing rong!

Nice, man. Sounds (on my crappy desktop speakers) to have a bit of an exhaust leak???

I sure doesn't sound stock!

Comment

• Mike D
        350 Buick
        • Jul 29, 2002

Now that's a M F S C .....
        64 Wagoneer 283 SBC
        50 truck
        63 J-200 Truck -- help bring home

Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, God and Jesus Christ... I beg you add my relationship with Heather Boyd to be reconciled to a new, stronger than ever, wonderful marriage ... to your prayer list and remember us daily.

Addendum:
        And now that im getting Divorced .. i want to work on it , but no one else does -- ^ -- Heather, please leave your affair with Josh Smith and come back to the father of your children

Comment

• DarkMonohue
          Shakes hands with danger
          • Jul 01, 2012

Originally posted by Mike D
          Now that's a M F S C .....
          It is indeed.
          '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
          Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
          High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• Ghinmi
            Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

Originally posted by OutrageGIS
            Very nice, really like the white gauges with the blue dash.
            The white gauges are one of my favorite modifications on this truck. They're just vinyl overlays on the stock faces but it really works well. Great night time visibility.

Originally posted by Tinkerjeep
            Nooo. Not uhgin! I tiped sumthing rong!

Nice, man. Sounds (on my crappy desktop speakers) to have a bit of an exhaust leak???

I sure doesn't sound stock!
            Yep, had a pretty bad exhaust leak. I put one of the v-bands together wrong, all better now. It's loud as heck and sounds like it wants to rip your brains out through your nose.

Got the brakes done and a few other things today. Took it for a loop around the driveway. It's maiden voyage happens tomorrow morning when I drive it to work for the company car show.
            Yep, I know my PM box is full. Email me instead.

1983 Cherokee WT - IFS, trailing arm rear, full cage, Hemi, 6 speed, turbocharged - Autocross project
            http://ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=127321

Comment

• bwwhaler
              258 I6
              • Apr 17, 2012

Ghinmi, awesome as usual, I had to watch all your youtube videos again. Excellent work.
              87 GW 360 performer intake Holley 670 HEI
              Razor Grill 4"BJ's springs 32's CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

Comment

• mendelo
                232 I6
                • May 17, 2007

Originally posted by Ghinmi
                Doesn't matter because it only takes 650ish (probably 4 or 5 lbs) to get me kicked out of the track for no roll bar.
                Is this true of most sanctioning bodies? Is it because the wagon is older?

I was thinking about this comment you made today when I was reading up on the new Hellcat and thinking with the 707 hp owners might not be able to run them at a track.

Comment

• Ghinmi
                  Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

Yes, pretty much any track you go to you'll get kicked out for going quicker than 11.50 with no roll bar. They wrote a new rule last year, cars 2008 and newer that are stock can go 10.0 with no bar. Lucky.

1983 Cherokee WT - IFS, trailing arm rear, full cage, Hemi, 6 speed, turbocharged - Autocross project

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                    Banned
                    • Mar 01, 2009

whats the rationale behind that rule? I'm sure guys don't race with airbags in the cab. And all the steel I've seen on modern car bodies is half the thickness of old Jeep sheetmetal.

Sounds like a stupid rule designed to pressure older cars out of racing especially since a full cage probably weighs another 100-200 pounds?

Comment

• Ghinmi
                      Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

They just want to let the new showroom stock cars be able to run without cutting them up for a bar. Technically any modification and they'd need a bar but there seems to be a blurry line as to how "stock" stock really is. The newer cars with their crumple zones and air bags are much safer than the old iron.

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                        Banned
                        • Mar 01, 2009

But do 11-second cars have airbags still installed? I'd pull them for sure. Who wants an airbag going poof in yer face at 130mph in the shut down lane? Or when up shifting at 90mph? Things break and stuff goes wrong. You are wearing a 5-point hrness and helmet and firesuit, no? An airbag is more of potential safety hazard in that environment, I would think.

Comment

• Ghinmi
                          Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

Nobody pulls the airbags on a 11 second car. We'll avoid the modern safety features talk, that's already been hashed out to death on here, lol.

In other Jeep related news, looks like I found the cause of many of my ongoing issues. Pretty sure #8 piston is at least partially missing. Pulling the motor as I type.

Comment

• Ghinmi
                            Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

Hmmm...

New pistons are on the way, will be here tomorrow or the day after. Bearings should be here today. Need gaskets and some other misc. parts still.

Comment

• rreed
                              350 Buick
                              • Aug 21, 2006

401 or 360? I don't know how many 401's I've seen w/ my own eyes w/ at lest one piston in pieces, oddly enough it seems to always be #6 or #8.

Staggering bummer, regardless. Is the block okay? What new slugs are you going to drop in it?
                              47 Willys
                              75 CJ-5
                              81 Scrambler
                              76/79/80/81/85 J20 (all the same truck)
                              86 Grand Wagoneer - FOR SALE!!!
                              96 ZJ

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Comment

• bigun
                                • Feb 10, 2003

That's just superficial, I would run like I stole it!
                                charlie
                                KB0HXA
                                "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                                congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                                How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                                Robert A. Heinlein
                                The birth of CROM is recorded here
                                http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

Working...
                                X