• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amc71601
    350 Buick
    • Dec 26, 2003

My 83 Cherokee

This is the newest addition to my addiction

My wife bought it for me as a birthday present from another IFSJA member. I've been wanting another Cherokee since I got rid of my old 76. It has the 360/727/208 combo in it & the engine only has around 35k on the rebuild. The only thing I've done to it since I got it was to fix the speedometer & a battery drain(seat belt buzzer). I also put five slot wheels on it that I randomly found on CL & they turned out to be the same exact rims that I had on my old 76. I also put the Chief S emblems on it because I thought it looked a little plain without them. This will probably be a long term project but I'm planning on probably a 4" lift with 33's eventually. It has bedliner on the rockers & flares so I'm also planning on a repaint too at some point. All in all I'm very happy with it, it's the perfect project for me & the boys
  • serehill
    Gone,Never Forgotten.
    • Nov 22, 2009

yeah

Awesome

80 Cherokee
    360 ci 727 with
    Comp cams 270 h
    NP208
    Edlebrock performer intake
    Holley 4180
    Msd total multi spark.
    4" rusty's springs
    Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• Bill Moore
      304 AMC
      • May 22, 2006

dam, black and chrome, beside red, best color on a jeep, that body looks straight
      DDs
      67 KJ715 4bt AA OD 465 np205
      78 J20 Chevy 305 nv4500 np205

Projects

Sons Build 1980 short bed J10, j20 axles, 4bt, nv4500, np205, shortened M715 bed and fenders

Freedom is not Free, it is paid for with Blood

Comment

• twisted frame
        350 Buick
        • Apr 01, 2003

Very good gift to get! Nice find on the wheels too - seems that they polished up pretty good.
        Mike
        1973 J4000, 360 2bbl, T18, Model 20,
        44, 60-2, 32x11.5x15" on 15x8" CJ wagon wheels.
        Now in black primer.

Comment

• JAMESMOST
          230 Tornado
          • Mar 25, 2014

Niceeee ,,, good gift,,,,njoy
          78 Cherokee Chief (Buford) 360 4bbl th400 81k perfect unmolested Copper/Black , top end & trans rebuilt,,sweet survivor....

Comment

• cma
            350 Buick
            • Jan 26, 2012

nice black beauty, welcome in the club!

Originally posted by Amc71601
            This is the newest addition to my addiction

My wife bought it for me as a birthday present from another IFSJA member. I've been wanting another Cherokee since I got rid of my old 76. It has the 360/727/208 combo in it & the engine only has around 35k on the rebuild. The only thing I've done to it since I got it was to fix the speedometer & a battery drain(seat belt buzzer). I also put five slot wheels on it that I randomly found on CL & they turned out to be the same exact rims that I had on my old 76. I also put the Chief S emblems on it because I thought it looked a little plain without them. This will probably be a long term project but I'm planning on probably a 4" lift with 33's eventually. It has bedliner on the rockers & flares so I'm also planning on a repaint too at some point. All in all I'm very happy with it, it's the perfect project for me & the boys
            Markus!

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• red mistress
              304 AMC
              • Sep 13, 2007

Chero & LJ

Nice last year Chero !

Nice LJ !

Super nice Wife !!
              67 Gladiator 15K J3000 AMC 327, PTO, 35" BFG's
              69 Jeepster 8701 convertible
              80 Honcho Sportside
              82 CJ-8 75K org SR decals
              82 Cheroeke Laredo 24K
              83 CJ-8 50K 401, ARB60's, F&R Winch, 38"
              84 CJ-7 38K Garnet Int., Jeep 8274 winch
              84 CJ-8 mud Scrambler
              87 J 20 36K smooth alum camper & boat rack.

Comment

Nice wife.....Better than mine...she let me buy my '81, but I had to pay for it.

Only two differences in the basic rig--copper paint and 4 speed instead of the auto.

Nice rig, hang onto her, she will amaze you on a daily basis.
                Art
                ASE Master Collision Tech
                "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• 8man
                  304 AMC
                  • Jan 04, 2011

Nice on both counts, wife and Cherokee!
                  79 Cherokee S (current project)
                  82 Cherokee (parts for the 79)

Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Amc71601
                    350 Buick
                    • Dec 26, 2003

I got a new transmission mount & u-joints for it today. I'm debating on driving it over to Daytona for Jeep beach this weekend just to represent for the FSJ crowd
                    It's going to be getting a "Face lift" pretty soon too, I'm ditching the pig nose grille for a Razor
                    I'm still amazed that AMC never really changed much on the interiors on the Cherokees, this one is almost identical to my old 76 that I had...except it's a lot nicer. It's a whole lotta black though inside & out, I imagine it will probably get pretty hot sitting in the FL sun. I'll need the AC for sure, it works but it sounds like it may need a new compressor soon.

Comment

• Zorm
                      304 AMC
                      • Apr 08, 1997

If that has the pig nose grill and not a muscle grill, its been replaced. Every 83 Cherokee and J truck I have seen have had the muscle grill, just like mine, actually looking for another one.
                      83 Cherokee 4dr WT(axles) 4" lift, 351w, nv3550, NP208, installing soon

65 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 4 speed, 140 quad carb engine

71 F-250 Camper Special (in rewire stage)

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life.

Comment

• will e
                        Always Broke
                        • Nov 16, 2001

That's a sweet looking ride! I love my 82 Cherokee and I am sure you will love yours too!
                        82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Amc71601
                          350 Buick
                          • Dec 26, 2003

Originally posted by Zorm
                          If that has the pig nose grill and not a muscle grill, its been replaced. Every 83 Cherokee and J truck I have seen have had the muscle grill, just like mine, actually looking for another one.
                          Yeah it's been rebuilt. The pignose makes it look like a GW, the Razor grille should be here today though I noticed that it looks like it could use new body mounts too....I'm sure that will be a pain to do from what I've researched on them.

Comment

• Amc71601
                            350 Buick
                            • Dec 26, 2003

Just a quick update. So far I've put about a thousand miles on it & it hasn't given me any problems at all. I'm actually amazed at how good it runs considering it needs a new carb. I kind of feel silly, last week I popped the hood to check the fluids & I realized that it had an Edelbrock 4bbl intake on it, so that will save me a couple of $$ because I was planning on getting one eventually
                            I still haven't put the razor grille on it yet, but I should have all the parts for it this week. Hopefully that goes smoothly, I'll post pics when it gets done.

Comment

• Strode
                              1st Chair, Cowbell
                              • Nov 08, 2011

We need more pictures, and hold on to those wheels. Those are the sweetest wheels ever.
                              Brad
                              (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Comment

Working...
                              X