X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mex in the city
    232 I6
    • Apr 25, 2008

It does get cold in the carolinas. I have a kerosene heater. It does the trick.
    83 Wagoneer. Front: 35 spline D60, Coil spring conversion, E-Locker. Rear: Sterling 10.5, Shackle flip, Detroit. Gear ratio 5.38:1. 39.5 Interco Irok's, HEI, hydroboost, hydroassist, bob job, sliders, roll cage, 12K winch. Runs on propane!!!
    87 GW, 3", 4.10, 32" BFG AT, K8600, 2131, 1406, HEI, hydroboost.
    71 Datsun 240Z turbo.

Comment

• SJTD
      304 AMC
      • Apr 26, 2012

I don't see anyone on skis behind that boat.

I've got a radiant heater that fits on a five gallon propane tank that I can't use because my tank doesn't have the internal float valve and I'm too cheap to buy a new tank.

It's nice when the garage in in the 50's.
      Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• grand_wag_85
        Murphy's Law Poster Child
        • Dec 03, 2003

For now I use a pair of salamander heaters, one kerosene and the other propane. My garage is an old dilapidated great depression era building so it's full of holes and not one ounce of insulation. With those heaters in that building it's quasi bearable but still cold.

I'm working on getting a new garage built and it will likely be a Morton type steel building. For heat I've got an outdoor boiler so there will be a ceiling mounted blower and if the budget permits heated floor. That's my pipe dream anyways.
        You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
        '88 GW
        '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• asudchiman
          327 Rambler
          • Feb 03, 2016

Originally posted by jeepman1
          Before moving down here to hot and steamy Cortez, I spent 12 years in Boone NC my house was at 3450 ft. I'd grab a beer, walk out to the garage, stand there and look at the jeep for about 35 seconds , head back in and hope for spring!
          jeepman1, my bio photo is from the blue ridge parkway between Boone and Blowing Rock and I went the App State. It took me about 6 years to adjust to temps off the mountain.
          Current Jeep Fleet:
          1993 Wrangler Sahara (YJ) Stock, 52k
          1991 Grand Wagoneer - [Black] 4" Lift, 32's, 92k
          1991 Grand Wagoneer - [Hunter Green] Stock, 60k
          1991 Grand Wagoneer - [Hunter Green] Restored (for sale)
          ------------------------------------------------
          Four Wheel Trends

Comment

• rockrollin
            258 I6
            • Apr 19, 2012

I use a lpg patio heater in my barn. Even though you can almost feel the outside wind (not insulated), it does keep a 25'x25' area pretty cozy. My garage is insulated, and heated by a Modine heater, it will heat up to a toasty 70 no problem. I reserve the back of my garage for bigger projects.
            OI!IIII!IO "I like fun" Eddie Ott
            Clawed 90 GW
            Slightly off stock

Comment

Working...
            X