Custom Relay'd headlight harnesses. 217 sold so far.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • serehill
    Gone,Never Forgotten.
    • Nov 22, 2009

No problem

Originally posted by YJ-4BT
    I'd be interested as well.
    Just PM me

80 Cherokee
    360 ci 727 with
    Comp cams 270 h
    NP208
    Edlebrock performer intake
    Holley 4180
    Msd total multi spark.
    4" rusty's springs
    Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• CaliSwag
      230 Tornado
      • Feb 16, 2015

Hello I am interested in a harness.

I also have some dumb questions...

If I want to use h4 bulbs I need to also buy the covers as well?

Comment

• serehill
        Gone,Never Forgotten.
        • Nov 22, 2009

PM sent

Please call

80 Cherokee
        360 ci 727 with
        Comp cams 270 h
        NP208
        Holley 4180
        Msd total multi spark.
        4" rusty's springs

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• sma97tj
          230 Tornado
          • Mar 24, 2011

thank you for the great service and quick turn around. these
          look to be of excellent quality and craftsmanship

Comment

• serehill
            Gone,Never Forgotten.
            • Nov 22, 2009

Not a problem

Originally posted by sma97tj
            thank you for the great service and quick turn around. these
            look to be of excellent quality and craftsmanship
            You have my number if you need anything. You should be set up.

Thank you.

80 Cherokee
            360 ci 727 with
            Comp cams 270 h
            NP208
            Holley 4180
            Msd total multi spark.
            4" rusty's springs

Comment

• 79jeep1
              232 I6
              • Apr 09, 2014

Here serehill I would like to purchase a harness. I will pm you thanks.
              Quinton
              Nickname I go by is "Q". I like to be different with my stuff then the next guy.
              My first truck: I think I bumped my head 79' F7 J10 AMC 360 powered 3spd now on 33's no lift <----that will change soon enough!!

Comment

• serehill
                Gone,Never Forgotten.
                • Nov 22, 2009

79jeep 1

PM sent

Let me know you got it I haven't heard anything.

80 Cherokee
                360 ci 727 with
                Comp cams 270 h
                NP208
                Holley 4180
                Msd total multi spark.
                4" rusty's springs

Comment

• serehill
                  Gone,Never Forgotten.
                  • Nov 22, 2009

Clones

Just for fun I bought one of the Chinese knock off to compare. There are 2 different Kinds. I made up y mind if they were compatible I would quit making these I have built over 400 of these now in more than 30 configurations. Both were inferior & without warrantee or any tech support. I'll keep on making mine because them Chinese knock offs are exactly what I expected. I'll be making mine for a while yet.
                  So for the ones that have asked.
                  The relays do not compare with mine.
                  The relay plugs do not compare. My wire is a size bigger & all high amperage connections are soldered.
                  Mine are also taped with electrical tape instead of the plastic crap that disintegrates in 6 months.
                  you can pull the wires right out from under the crimped light sockets & relay sockets.
                  the crimp lugs are not of good quality.
                  Their unit is fused mine have a automatic resetting breaker.
                  It's true you get what you pay for. getting what you don't pay for make the difference.
                  there's a few other differences but these are the ones that will control life & function.
                  Thanks to everyone that has bought on. I never was in them for the money.
                  In the over 400 I've built, I've warrantied one & when it was returned it was clear it wasn't a defect that caused the issue. so that's pretty a good record.

80 Cherokee
                  360 ci 727 with
                  Comp cams 270 h
                  NP208
                  Holley 4180
                  Msd total multi spark.
                  4" rusty's springs

Comment

• Jwilly
                    232 I6
                    • Jan 27, 2015

serehill, I am interested in purchasing a headlight harness, PM sent, thanks.
                    1988 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• dan01ster
                      232 I6
                      • Feb 21, 2012

serehill...I just came across this thread tonight..been reading for over an hour..lol. There is no doubt that this is what Jeep should have done during the initial build of our Jeeps.
                      From all reports, your quality and attention to detail is nothing short of first class (how's that for an endorsement..haha).

So if you're still building, I'd really like to buy one for my '82 J20 (standard setup).

I do have a current issue though, that perhaps you can offer some insight into. My hi beams started cutting in and out about a month ago. They now don't come on at all. I've put in a new (NOS) original Jeep dimmer switch to no avail. I expect there is a relay or circuit breaker for hi beam somewhere but can't locate it. Do I need to fix this issue before I can expect your upgrade kit to work? TIA
                      Dan
                      '82 J20, 360,TF727, NP 208, Holly Projection.'74 paint scheme
                      '67 Jeepster 8701,true convertible,TH400,pwr top,
                      Buick 225.
                      '98 XJ, 4.0L,auto, Selectrac, police package

Comment

• dan01ster
                        232 I6
                        • Feb 21, 2012

Further to my previous post, my hi beams have started working again, but only intermittently...I expect it is because this is temp. related...we've had some very cool nights lately and that is when the lights seem to run longer before cutting out...must be a circuit breaker somewhere that over heats then resets when things cool down again. Not sure where to look for such an item if it exists.
                        Buick 225.

Comment

• serehill
                          Gone,Never Forgotten.
                          • Nov 22, 2009

Originally posted by dan01ster
                          Further to my previous post, my hi beams have started working again, but only intermittently...I expect it is because this is temp. related...we've had some very cool nights lately and that is when the lights seem to run longer before cutting out...must be a circuit breaker somewhere that over heats then resets when things cool down again. Not sure where to look for such an item if it exists.
                          The most common cause is the dimmer. There is one wire that comes from the headlight switch to the dimmer. The dimmer switches it between the two High & Low beam wires. These can be checked at the switch. Make sure you get output power at the dimmer plug. then the two other points are the firewall connection & the connections on the left front behind the headlight there is a splice which ties the right side in. If the dimmer is working fine then start tracing voltage back from the left headlight until you find the issue. It at one of those two point previously described. I'll PM you my contact info to discuss this & the harness. Just to be sure don't assume the plug on the dimmer to be good either. A preliminary approach would be to locate & move these plugs around with the system in high beam with the lights on to see if it will show itself before you pull out the tester.

80 Cherokee
                          360 ci 727 with
                          Comp cams 270 h
                          NP208
                          Holley 4180
                          Msd total multi spark.
                          4" rusty's springs

Comment

• serehill
                            Gone,Never Forgotten.
                            • Nov 22, 2009

Done

PM Sent

80 Cherokee
                            360 ci 727 with
                            Comp cams 270 h
                            NP208
                            Holley 4180
                            Msd total multi spark.
                            4" rusty's springs

Comment

• dan01ster
                              232 I6
                              • Feb 21, 2012

OK Serehill...a couple mates and I worked on my J20 headlight issue today. First thing we did was remove the dimmer switch on the floor and tested it...was perfect (why not NOS Jeep part) and checked the plug for same. I had forgotten that when I pulled the old one, I cleaned up the connections and applied die electric grease to the switch and plug, so that was in good order. Then ran the lights on high and by passed the switch, then true to form the high's failed within a 1/2 min. Then we pulled the left lamp and looked at that splice which was good, then pulled the lamp from the plug and voila!...green corrosion in the 3 tabs and the socket...cleaned that all up, reassembled and tested and now things are as per 'factory' default...(lol).

So now the only thing left to work on is replace the lamp wiring using your kit and then I can look forward to nice bright headlamps.
                              Thanks for your suggestions on where to look for the hi failure issue...invaluable. I had been chasing the wrong trail partially, thinking it was an over heat issue of a relay or circuit breaker, when in fact it was too much resistance due to corrosion at the bulb. (still heat I suppose).
                              Buick 225.

Comment

• dan01ster
                                232 I6
                                • Feb 21, 2012

Actually, there's LOTS more to work on...it's a Jeep Thing...we ALL understand.
                                Buick 225.

Comment

Working...
                                X