• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Honchov8
    232 I6
    • Jul 09, 2010

Dual snorkle air cleaner

As I recall someone had restored a FSJ a few years ago and used a 1966-67 Olds Toranado air cleaner with the dual snorkels. The thread had a bunch of photos and the air cleaner looked awesome on the Jeep. I'm considering doing the same air cleaner set-up. I searched the archives but I couldn't find the write up. Does anyone remember seeing this thread and who may have done the restoration?
    1976 J10 Honcho "Z" code
  • addicted
    Big Meanie
    • Dec 11, 2004

Is this what you are looking for Scott? http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=139185
    Page 2 has the air cleaner. Frank is running the matching Olds engine though.
    Originally posted by Ristow
    i bet it was Simon....
    he's such big meanie that way...
    please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• Tripwire
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 30, 2000

Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• DieselSJ
        304 AMC
        • May 19, 2003

-87 Grand, 6.5L diesel, MHI TE06H turbo, Water/air intercooler, Art Carr 700R4, CS-130, hydroboost. 21/24mpg, dead 229 [Custom 242 on the way]
        -99 XJ Limited.
        -Jeepspeed 1717 -Built 4.0, FAST EFI, Rubicon Express, Bilstein, Rigid Industries, 4 Wheel Parts, G2 Axle, Currie Enterprises
        -Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Honchov8
          232 I6
          • Jul 09, 2010

Simon,

That's the one I was looking for. Could you use the same air cleaner on an AMC V8 without any clearance issues? Thoughts....

Thanks, Scott
          1976 J10 Honcho "Z" code

Comment

• addicted
            Big Meanie
            • Dec 11, 2004

As long as there is hood clearance or you don't mind chopping one up a little to create enough, I don't see why not. I had a nice Mopar dual snorkle from an early mid 70's car that would have worked with a little trimming of the base. Not as nice as the Olds cleaner Frank has but it looked good under the hood sitting on top of the 360.
            Originally posted by Ristow
            i bet it was Simon....
            he's such big meanie that way...
            please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• DieselSJ
              304 AMC
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Honchov8
              Simon,

That's the one I was looking for. Could you use the same air cleaner on an AMC V8 without any clearance issues? Thoughts....

Thanks, Scott
              While maybe not as cool as an old school original, the ones on the link I posted will fit any standard flange carb. They also have different rise and drop bases so you can get whatever fits. Plus they have all the plumbing and pieces to get cold air from behind the grill.
              -87 Grand, 6.5L diesel, MHI TE06H turbo, Water/air intercooler, Art Carr 700R4, CS-130, hydroboost. 21/24mpg, dead 229 [Custom 242 on the way]
              -99 XJ Limited.
              -Jeepspeed 1717 -Built 4.0, FAST EFI, Rubicon Express, Bilstein, Rigid Industries, 4 Wheel Parts, G2 Axle, Currie Enterprises
              -Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Tinkerjeep
                Banned
                • Mar 01, 2009

Originally posted by Tripwire
                I've done this too, just add a snorkel. His looks nicer than mine. I've run it on a couple of rigs; shown here on top of the throw-away360 in my green truck. but currently its on my 1981 Cherokee 360 4barrel.

But the green truck eventually got this:

Last edited by Tinkerjeep; 02-07-2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X