• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

2012 Full Size Enchilada October 21-26, Las Cruces, NM

Hello all! Lets make it happen this year. Last year was unfortunate for many of us with life getting in the way. I will be there for sure and may be bringing some folks with me time will tell.

This is a casual event as usual, come, stay, wheel. I strongly recommend at least 33' tires and a locker but with the wide range of trails there is enough for everyone. If this is your first time, come out we encourage you to join the fun. It is a great time to meet and make some new friends. In years past Leah and her crew at the KOA in Las Cruces have been more that gracious to welcome us to their wonderful property. Again I have been in touch with Leah and we are good to go! Below you will find prices and lodging information. Please read as it is very important to get with the group and to get your discount. Cannot wait!

From Leah-

As a reminder, the group area is our deluxe tenting, which provides lovely grassed sites with electricity, and also includes our RV water and electric section (these five RV sites can handle any rig 22 feet and under, and can also be used for pea gravel tenting, if needed). All tent sites and one room cabins will allow for a maximum occupancy of four people.

Like we've done in the past, I will close off this area to meet your group needs. As you've had cabins get rented in the past I've closed those off as well. These sites have been closed for an arrival date of Sunday 10/21/12 with a departure date of Saturday 10/27/12. I will plan on holding these sites aside for your group, for a reservation deadline of 9/30/12, hopefully this deadline will meet the needs.

For those members in your group that have not been to our campground before, our park site map can be viewed at either our website, www.lascrucescampgrounds.com or at KOA's website, www.lascruceskoa.com. The group area that you all are placed in are sites 88, 90, 92, 93, and 95 through 99. As you likely recall, the camping kitchen is over in this area, which will allow for food prep. Additionally, there are BBQ grills at your disposal.

We are willing to extend a 10% group discount to all within your party as long as they identify themselves as being part of your group. The rates quoted below will include the discount and taxation.

Deluxe Tenting/RV Water Electric: Each site is $30.53 for two adults, or are $40.11 for four adults per night.

Basic Tenting: As offered in the past, should your group need more than the nine sites in the group area, we can spill your party over into basic tenting (in particular sites 76-79). Since these sites do not offer electricity, each site is $27.66 for two adults, or are $37.24 for four adults per night.

One Room KOA Cabins: Each one-room cabin is $54.94 for two adults, or are $64.52 for four adults per night.

We have three different types of RV sites.

View Sites that overlook Las Cruces city and area mountains to the east (back in or pull in ? either 30 or 50 amp) ? each site is $46.28 for two adults, or are $55.86 for four adults per night.

Premium Sites (majority are long pull thru sites ranging in length between 60 and 80 feet ? either 30 or 50 amp) ? each site is $40.54 for two adults, or are $50.12 for four adults per night.

We do have smaller pull thru 30 amp sites that will run about $6 cheaper than the premium sites per night, but would need to screen the rig needs before we could offer these smaller sites as an option.

Our reservation deposit and cancellation policies remain the same, and are:

Reservation Deposit Policy: We will need to obtain a deposit equal to the first nights' stay in order to guarantee a reservation, by processing either a Mastercard or Visa, at the time of the call; and will collect the balance of the other nights upon arrival into the campground.

Cancellation Policy: RV and Tent sites have up until 48 hours prior to arrival to cancel their reservation in order to obtain a refund, less a $10 cancellation fee. Cabins have up until 7 days prior to arrival to cancel their reservation in order to obtain a refund, less a $10 cancellation fee.

Guests must identify themselves as being with the International Full Size Jeep Association party in order to receive the group discount, and in order to be placed within your group area.

As for trailer accommodations, same as the previous years - we can accommodate parking for some trailers in the group area. The overflow parking behind the store can be used for trailer spill over, if needed.

Please email me any additional questions you might have.

Have a great day!

Leah Simpson, Manager
    Las Cruces KOA
    575-526-6555
    1994 YJ
    Amc 360
    TF727
    Stak 3 speed
    44" Pitbull Rockers on Trailworthy H1's
    Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
    401....new project

Tow Rig Daily Driver// 2007 6.7 CTD Dually
  • Tad
    • Nov 30, 2001

I find it interesting that their new map does not have the sites numbered like they were in the past. In the image below I have added the numbers they used in the past for our area.

Sites 88, 90, 92 and 93 are on the grass with 88 and 90 being fairly large. 95-99 are on pea gravel. We'll shoot for one of the gravel sites this year since we have the pop-up.

Michael, are you going to try to fit that big Moogley trailer with your popup into one of those gravel sites?
    If so we'll try to coordinate with you as I don't recall there being a heck of a lot of depth to all of them. You'll also find the older map with all the sites numbered.

For folks that have not been there (the KOA) there are some recon photos here: http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s...rucesKOARecon/
    I doubt it's changed much since 2008 when they were taken.
    Last edited by Tad; 10-01-2012, 12:18 PM.
    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Michael
      AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

Nope Tad Ill probably do an RV spot, that is why I had her quote me on those! Yeah that trailer is 31ft, not including the gooseneck, and Ill leave my truck hooked up. Might as well use there electricity too!
      1994 YJ
      Amc 360
      TF727
      Stak 3 speed
      Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
      401....new project

Comment

• Heimeken
        304 AMC
        • Nov 29, 2000

Excellent. Michael, what day you plan to arrive and depart? Not sure how many vacation days I will have left at the time but I think my rig can make it through 3 days of hard wheeling, maybe 4....
        '85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar"
        401, NV4500, 3/4 ton gear

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
        One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
        J20 running gear and axles

Comment

• fulsizjeep
          Señor Jackhead
          • Aug 21, 2002

Looking forward to it. Thanks Michael!

Flint
          Ran when parked.
          http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
          88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
          76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
          http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Sambo
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Sep 25, 2001

77 chero DEAD.
            84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

• Michael
              AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

Originally posted by Heimeken
              Excellent. Michael, what day you plan to arrive and depart? Not sure how many vacation days I will have left at the time but I think my rig can make it through 3 days of hard wheeling, maybe 4....
              Oh Jaime we will be just trail riding.... I was planning on leaving Saturday morning early which would put me there either late Saturday if I drive all day or midday Sunday. More than likely will be there midday Sunday. I will probably leave the following friday night or Saturday morning. I would like to be home Saturday night....but that always changes!
              1994 YJ
              Amc 360
              TF727
              Stak 3 speed
              Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
              401....new project

Comment

• Michael
                AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

I would like to camp out on the trails a couple of nights, any ideas on that? Now Eddie and I will have to trailer everywhere we go so a couple nights on the trails would be cool change and convienent
                1994 YJ
                Amc 360
                TF727
                Stak 3 speed
                Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
                401....new project

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                  Señor Jackhead
                  • Aug 21, 2002

I am looking at Sat or Sun thru Wed and head back Thu, maybe Fri if I can get the whole week off. Back country camping may be interesting. If I were to go out for a night run, I would go prepared to stay a while if needed. Though, I bet the grassy deluxe camp sites offer softer ground for when I fall down.
                  Last edited by fulsizjeep; 06-27-2012, 05:13 AM.
                  Flint
                  Ran when parked.
                  88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• Tad
                    • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by Michael
                    I would like to camp out on the trails a couple of nights, any ideas on that? Now Eddie and I will have to trailer everywhere we go so a couple nights on the trails would be cool change and convienent
                    Good to hear Eddie is coming back.
                    I could go for one night on the trails.
                    I wonder if there are any real trees out there anyplace?

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                    ...Though, I bet the grassy deluxe camp sites offer softer ground for when I fall down.
                    LOL, thought that was my job.
                    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• the original Honcho
                      327 Rambler
                      • Mar 14, 2005

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                      ... Though, I bet the grassy deluxe camp sites offer softer ground for when I fall down.
                      Grass is best but sand is soft!

Originally posted by tad
                      ...I wonder if there are any real trees out there anyplace?
                      The best you can find out in the desert is going to be a piñon, really just a tall shrub. There might be a scraggly cottonwood near a cattle watering hole, but that would not be a nice place to camp.

the time of year being discussed isn't too hot. a canyon is your best bet. soft sand and the walls offer some sun protection
                      1980 Jeep J-20
                      1979 Jeep J-10 Honcho
                      1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
                      1975 Jeep Wagoneer- The Green Bastard, from Parts
                      Unknown
                      1968 Plymouth Satellite
                      1978 Camaro- back in action
                      1980 'Vette. Chevette. Please someone buy this

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                        Señor Jackhead
                        • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by Tad
                        LOL, thought that was my job.
                        oh right!
                        Flint
                        Ran when parked.

Comment

• Sambo
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Sep 25, 2001

like this tad,flint???
                          77 chero DEAD.
                          84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                            Señor Jackhead
                            • Aug 21, 2002

BINGO Sam.
                            Flint
                            Ran when parked.

Comment

• rstep
                              304 AMC
                              • Oct 09, 2003

Just got the okay to make it this year.not sure what the Cherokee can do but worth giving a try.
                              77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
                              d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
                              Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
                              33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
                              Tadrack
                              Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
                              Soa,with 1" shackle up front
                              Hood vents

Comment

Working...
                              X