International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Discussion

Old 08-24-2019, 09:12 AM
232 I6

Black or Beige?

I had my bench seat and door panels reupholstered in a nice brown vinyl. I want to install acc vinyl floor in my 72 jtruck. I'm not sure weather to get black or beige. My dash is an off white color and rest of truck is white. Plan on painting whole truck green someday when I have money.
So what do you guys think would look better? Black or beige?
Old 08-24-2019, 10:13 AM
out of order

NO offense, but do what YOU like...
I get asking for opinions but honestly, it comes down to your taste.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:41 PM
350 Buick

I agree with the taste point ahead....in the beginning and end it is your choice and preference.

But just to add a few cents otherwise. From my own experience I prefer to think about real world use of the vehicle. My vehicles often get used hard and through dirty situations. Thus, climbing into the vehicle with muddy boots or hauling something (even just on cab floor) can mean things get dirty and need to be cleaned. Light colors are going to show that a LOT more than a darker color. Also, if your truck is otherwise white, but you intend to go green later on...black would be a nice contrast for now and still go with the green down the road. I've had a green FSJ with tan interior, however, and not had a problem with it, and it is a contrast in the other direction down the road, but not as much for now. I will say that the all-black interiors of some of the newer Mopars and Jeeps are a little *too* dark. So, contrast inside helps as well, and there is the perspective of lighter being brighter and more pleasant psychologically and so on.

Which brings it all back to...exactly what babywag mentioned....it's your preference that matters most.

Maybe....take a look online for images of vehicles (not necessarily FSJs or even jeeps at all) for the color combinations you are thinking and see what you think of how those look together. Might help you narrow your preference down some.
Some dogs, a few fountain pens...and too many sewing machines...
Old 08-24-2019, 02:03 PM
350 Buick

While light vinyl isn't going to be as hard to keep clean as light carpet I'd still go dark.

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:53 PM
350 Buick

You asked for opinions..so here is mine:
I have always liked green with tan interior. If it were mine, and i was going to a full green paint job, I would do the tan, or slightly darker “spice” interior. I think they look great together.

I do agree that it may depend on intended use. The tan will be more difficult to clean and make look good again.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, Aussie rear, LDS front, 4.10s
http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD
Old 08-26-2019, 02:14 PM
232 I6

Depending on where you are ordering your vinyl from, you can often request samples (usually a 2x2 inch piece, sometimes bigger, or purchase a larger size sample) of each to lay in your cab and figure out what looks best to you, the other plus with a sample is you get a sense of how it "wears" by rubbing some dirt and grime on it from your shoes/boots/mud/etc. and then see how they clean up as well.

(I'd probably put tan in mine with brown seats, even if going green) Good luck!
2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD