International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM

77 Cherokee SOA and Shackle Flip

So now I am starting my suspension build and I'm doing the standard SOA with 6in shackles and going to take off the rear shackle box to do a shackle flip. On the shackle flip I bought a set of Dodge 2500 rear leaf spring hangers which in my calculations will give me about 6in without the shackles.... the forward leaf spring mounts are made to be 3in drop to not offset the axle in the wheel well, but also the perches will be ground off and new installed at the angle needed for the rear drive shaft. Now with the SOA the rear leaf spring mounts are custom as well "Beefier" with 6in shackles this should be level front to rear minus the fact of maybe a shim on the front......don't know but by my math and mock up I should be close to level. Hell I might be able to stuff 42in military tires under it.. (wife might not like it but she doesn't drive it....lol) I would love feed back and thoughts. ....yes I do have high steer plans but they are custom stainless tie rods with heim joints. Thanks as alway for the support!

Ps.
my leaf springs are from a 2007 Dodge 2500 4wd if that helps!

Last edited by CasualGourmet : 03-11-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Gear Head

I would think designing your rear brackets to correct pinion angle would be easier than cutting and relocating you axle perches. I am a little unsure exactly where your putting the 6" shackles.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goatman
I would think designing your rear brackets to correct pinion angle would be easier than cutting and relocating you axle perches. I am a little unsure exactly where your putting the 6" shackles.
I'm a bit confused with the 6" shackle part also.
Perhaps a simpler description or drawing would help us.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Self Inflicted Flesh Wound