What are you washington guys/gals doing about the impending long term health act?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

What are you washington guys/gals doing about the impending long term health act?

I want to ask other washington members what their plans are for the impending mandatory long term health care act thats about to take effect, there are few individual options available - I dont want this to become a political post? I will keep it politically neutral.

The state put it to the voters who rejected the measure but they still pushed it through anyway

In case you dont know, one will be taxed 58 cents per every hundred dollars of income ( no cap on fee)( my case about 600 beans a year) - this would not be objectionable - but if you move out of state you forfeit the money, you have to meet very certain situations to even use the benefit AND you have to contribute for 10 years to become vested - so people close to retirement will never see the money either
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:
  • Waggymcgee
    232 I6
    • Oct 19, 2020

I am glad you posted this. I meant to research this after getting an email from my employer. It says you can opt out by nov 1, but I think that private is likely to cost more. It is bs that at 47 I need to know if I expect to know if I will be in this state when and if I need long term care when most people do not purchase it until 55+. AND most people elect for employer benefits in November so I will not be able to explore that until after the opt out deadline.
    Also, I have to pay over 10,000 in the next 10 years but someone who makes say $50k pays in $2900 and it is for the same care. I guess I might need to explore private, then it does not matter where I live too.
    Kerry (she)

85 GW w/ HD tow pkg

Comment

• Tripwire
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 30, 2000

there is a petition going round .....find one and sign it !! restorewashington.org

steve
      Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

Working...
      X