• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexasSailor
    230 Tornado
    • May 18, 2021

Greetings from Texas!

Greetings all! I'm currently in the middle of revamping a new to me 87 wagoneer.

IT ran like crap after being buried in a shed for a few years but drove around. I had the engine pulled and it was TOAST! I could have kept it if i like feeding it oil non-stop. So i have just started LS swap to an iron block 5.3. Its job will be to tow my boat so I'm getting adaptors and such so i can swap the engine out and keep the rest.

Waiting on BJ's to ship my lift kit and rebuilding the tranny, and transfercase and axles. It will soon be 100% mechanical in about 1 month.

Also working on bits and pieces here and there, new headliner, fix power windows / mirrors etc. If i have enough money left over i will get the driver seat and center seat redone.

Down the line, pull the interior out and repaint to nice bright red.

87 Grand Wagoneer
  • jeepjseries
    350 Buick
    • May 30, 2009

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you scored a pretty nice wagoneer. Hopefully you get your parts from BJ’s soon. Wish you the best of luck on your project. Hopefully it’s cooler in Texas than here in Oregon at the moment.
    Last edited by jeepjseries; 06-26-2021, 02:20 AM.
    -2000 Volkswagen Jetta diesel
    -1976 Wagoneer 401/Turbo 400/QT with 4 low/Dana 44s

Comment

• TexasSailor
      230 Tornado
      • May 18, 2021

Yeah it is almost rust free, the rocker panels (?) along the bottom of the doors have a bit of rust on both sides and one spot on the tail gate, but everywhere else its pretty rust free. Its a great survivor if the engine wasnt tired.
      87 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• jeepjseries
        350 Buick
        • May 30, 2009

That’s awesome! Mine has some cancer floor boards etc. nothing I can’t fix. Door was left open at some point. Are you planning on running a carburetor or fuel injection on your 5.3?
        Last edited by jeepjseries; 06-26-2021, 02:04 PM.
        -2000 Volkswagen Jetta diesel
        -1976 Wagoneer 401/Turbo 400/QT with 4 low/Dana 44s

Comment

Working...
        X