Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe
    • Apr 28, 2000

Holy Crap. Ferrelo (sp?) from the FSJ email list with the pp stomping boots if we misbehaved? If the same Doc? I know you sold Timex long ago but gotta ask how'd tha bottom-less transfercase hold up real world/long run. If you're the real doc, glad you're still kickin. Became a frozen yankee huh and left the home of the 'big rat'(Orlando)? You're getting things backarsewards in your old age.
    joe
    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• OnceUponATimeKnownAsDoc
      230 Tornado
      • Nov 27, 2018

Originally posted by sgdogman
      hey Doc
      Timex is sitting in my yard..
      did it use to be white?
      its now orange.
      got it from a guy named Jason here in Fl.
      I was reading through a while ago and saw a post from 2007 I think that said he (Brian was the guy I sold her to) was thinking of painting her orange. I believe it was Carnuck who said "no, leave her white" or something like that.

Sitting in the yard. Did she die, finally? Poor old girl, had a tough life. She was a working, traveling, hauling son of a gun, though.

-Doc
      Philadelphia

Comment

• JeepBountyHunter
        GrimJeeperReaper
        • Jul 08, 2002

Geesh....Welcome back. 😎
        1992 Cherokee XJ Laredo

Comment

Originally posted by OnceUponATimeKnownAsDoc
          Hey Jim, how are you? Another old timer from back in the Stone Ages... Timex was white.
          The Mighty Elmo was that off white ‘83 Cherokee color. It rusted apart long ago. I think it’s been two rollovers and a pile of Jeeps since we heard from you last. I have two sons into FSJs and other Jeeps with younguns of their own now. I’m still avoiding green cars (made the mistake of thinking that the bad luck with them was over and bought an ‘02 Impala for $200 that cost me $750 to get it home (damage to the plastic cover of the rental truck I hauled it with) then a $500 fine from State of VA because I parked it when the waterpump died and bought an Expedition as a daily driver, letting the insurance lapse.
          I currently have 2 FSJs that are a bit away from driving and no helpers to finish because the last rollover in July nearly severed my spinal cord. I drove cross country last Friday for Christmas and will be headed back soon to WA.
          Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

230 Tornado
            • Nov 27, 2018

Roll Over Beethoven, er I mean Carnuck

Originally posted by Carnuck
            I currently have 2 FSJs that are a bit away from driving and no helpers to finish because the last rollover in July nearly severed my spinal cord. I drove cross country last Friday for Christmas and will be headed back soon to WA.
            Wow, drama. I guess the expression "keep the dirty side down and the shiny side up" really doesn't apply to Jeeps.

-Doc

Comment

230 Tornado
              • Nov 27, 2018

Originally posted by joe
              Holy Crap. Ferrelo (sp?) from the FSJ email list with the pp stomping boots if we misbehaved? If the same Doc? I know you sold Timex long ago but gotta ask how'd tha bottom-less transfercase hold up real world/long run. If you're the real doc, glad you're still kickin. Became a frozen yankee huh and left the home of the 'big rat'(Orlando)? You're getting things backarsewards in your old age.
              Yes, sir, that would be me. Would you believe my feet have gotten bigger???

-Doc

Comment

• jpcoutts
                304 AMC
                • Jun 28, 2002

I don't know how I missed this for so long! Welcome back!
                Jim C
                '67 J3000 Dually
                '86 J20
                '79 CJ5(in pieces)
                '86 CJ7 Doesn't need anything(so why do I have it?)
                Correction- it just needed a water pump!

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                  Señor Jackhead
                  • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by OnceUponATimeKnownAsDoc
                  Flint! Krista my darling! Oh, I've missed you guys! Is the invite still open?
                  Y E S !!
                  Flint
                  Ran when parked.
                  http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                  88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                  76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                  http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

Working...
                  X