• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Its all about the Jeep
    258 I6
    • Jan 01, 2004

Ghetto Mods (with pics)

Ok, if by Ghetto mods we mean zip ties and duct tape, here ya go. If not, and someone is looking for a lowered, spoilered, big bassin, neon trick lighted sacrilege of an FSJ, then alas, I am not your man.

[ March 10, 2004, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Its all about the Jeep ]
    Garbage Truck (Time for a real name, taking suggestions) <a href=\"http://www.fsjworld.com/moneymuncher/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fsjworld.com/moneymuncher/</a>
  • AMC258
    304 AMC
    • Apr 07, 2003

WoOt WoOt!!! Holla if ya hear me!

That is some serious booty fab, the door panels look good though
    Aaron McGuin <br /><br />80 Cherokee (The Short Bus) <br />Rebuilt 258<br />T176/NP208<br />31x10.50x15 OTR Muds from High Tec Retreading<br />84 GW (Gabby)<br />258/TF999/NP229<br />really bald 235 75R15s<br />Slowly becoming a shell of its former self.

Comment

• FSJnovice
      350 Buick
      • Dec 17, 2003

It seems the door panels are not that bad, neither is the panels he made in the rear of the vehicle. Maybe his choice of materials is questionable but who knows he likes it so be it. Wonder if any man made materials would look better as panels. I do know some of the door panels on some of the rigs are getting to far gone. Anyone have any Ideas? The license plate backer is outthere though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Mike
      88 GW stock
      360/727/229
      project

Comment

• firechero
        350 Buick
        • Feb 22, 2003

i used 1/4 inch plywood for the back panels, then covered them with black padded vinyl, niccccce, use the original crap pieces as a pattern for the plywood
        all sold out of jeeps

Comment

• Gambler68
          Rabble Rouser
          • Feb 29, 2004

Lol, your panels are great, you've inspired me to do the same thing to mine. I made brackets though for my stereo to wedge under the dash behind the shifter (tomorrow a storm door bracket will be hacked to make a drop down holder for my cb).

I researched quite abit about panels, I need to redo 4 doors in my 59 Rambler Wagon, I am going to use wood and cover it with black vinyl as well. The J will look good natural though (with a coating of watersealer of course..in case it ever rains again here)
          1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
          1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
          The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
          Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Its all about the Jeep
            258 I6
            • Jan 01, 2004

Yeah the poly was what made me do the rest of them. After I put it on, that driver's door just started looking real good, and the carpenter's son in me took over. I just had to grab my son and try to recreate the magic of workin on wood with my dad. So I let him run the jigsaw, and then we spent the afternoon painting and sanding.
            Garbage Truck (Time for a real name, taking suggestions) <a href=\"http://www.fsjworld.com/moneymuncher/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fsjworld.com/moneymuncher/</a>

Comment

• racer32
              258 I6
              • Aug 15, 2002

nice work fellas
              89 XJ
              85 Wag

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Dec 28, 2002

[img]smile.gif[/img] whatever it takes to keep her on the road!
                AMC/Jeep Forum
                Custom machined AMC/4X4/Race Parts...www.Bulltear.com
                ///
                "We offer performance, reliability and customization for your AMC V8"

Comment

Working...
                X