• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redwoody
    232 I6
    • May 16, 2010

heater core

Do I need to drop a/c inside to remove heater core. thx. Im not able to split box apart under hood because couple little screws are hidden.
    Last edited by redwoody; 03-16-2019, 12:33 PM.
    88 GW hei E-fuel pump 360 rebuilt- rv cam
  • SJTD
    304 AMC
    • Apr 26, 2012

Don't think so.

If you want to remove the whole heater box assembly there's two nuts inside behind the A/C but you can remove the core by opening the box under the hood.
    Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

If you have skinny/long arms you will be OK without dropping the A/C but dropping the A/C is a lot easier than you think and will make it much easier (at least it was on my 79). I know our dashes are different so you may be in a different game than I was. I suggest pulling the whole box because you can clean out almost the whole track and re-seal it, too. Mine was full of leaves and a rodent nest from years ago.
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• redwoody
        232 I6
        • May 16, 2010

I dropped the a/c to get access. The L bracket that the a/c is supported by is also attached to a straight bracket that goes to top stud of heater box. There is also 2nd nut under straight bracket. That's three nuts holding box on 2 studs. Took about 20 min. Stay warm out there.
        88 GW hei E-fuel pump 360 rebuilt- rv cam

Comment

Working...
        X