Advise on acquiring a new CTO like Borg warner ec970???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidtwelsh
    232 I6
    • Feb 21, 2011

Advise on acquiring a new CTO like Borg warner ec970???

I Had to replace the thermostat housing after replacing everything around it.
    But I could not remove...what turned out to be the cto coolant temp override.
    So, if i keep it in tact..I'll need a new one..local shops don't have it on their comp. Amazon has one for ?$40. There has to be something better.
    Part number can be Borg Warner ec970 or wells e901 or e960.
    Anyone know where to get one...cheap er ?

Or has anyone dropped it? Any tangible difference?
    1991 Grand Wagoneer
    6.0L LQ4, 4L60e and np241c
    4" lift, 2" body lift, razor grille, 4.11 gears,
    Nitto grappler 33x12.5x15s
  • davidtwelsh
    232 I6
    • Feb 21, 2011

since my camera took 700+ terabyte pictures ... this is the part/pic ...
    1991 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• davidtwelsh
      232 I6
      • Feb 21, 2011

well, Dr. Bob had the answer...Napa had it $10 cheaper
      1991 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• jbentley
        232 I6
        • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, got mine from Napa
        '82 limited edition Jeep Wagoneer
        "The Stock Beast"

Comment

The old CTO was probably leaking vacuum anyway.
          Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
          Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

• jbentley
            232 I6
            • Feb 28, 2008

Napa part:
            Echlin CRB 229049
            Name - Ported Vacuum Switch
            This is the 5 port HD CTO that goes on the manifold (not the 3 port one that goes on the thermostat housing). You can't order this online, but if you give the part number to a napa store, they can have it shipped in. Price was not shown.

TeamGranWagoneer.com also has a large selection of the CTO switches, just not the 5 port one from napa.
            '82 limited edition Jeep Wagoneer
            "The Stock Beast"

Comment

wonder what ever happened to dr bob.he used to be on here all the time.met him like 9 years ago,nice guy.
              85 gw 215k and still going
              castrated(de-wooded)360 2" espo springs 31x10.5
              89 gw,free,almost legal

She can dance a Cajun rhythm,Jump like a Willys in four wheel drive,

the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

"Our militarized "law enforcement" has become the standing army our founders feared"

Comment

• Bob Barry
                Jeep Doctor
                • Apr 09, 2000

Originally posted by talntar
                wonder what ever happened to dr bob.he used to be on here all the time.met him like 9 years ago,nice guy.
                I pop in here every once in a while, but I sold my Cherokee (and all my FSJ parts and my other projects) a few years ago to focus on work and family, but picked up a non-project '71 Corvette coupe for cruise-nights.

My FSJ pages, including the CTO page, are still up, but when I look on the tech pages here, there's not much for me to add to the accumulated knowledge that's been built up here. This site is serving its purpose in grand style.

I'll probably eventually move down from my Ford Excursion (which I bought to tow my Cherokee, but which is now useful for moving my daughters off to college over the next decade or so) to a J-20, but I'm not in a rush.
                1987 J-20
                Video projects for my J-20 on Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Barry
                  I pop in here every once in a while, but I sold my Cherokee (and all my FSJ parts and my other projects) a few years ago to focus on work and family, but picked up a non-project '71 Corvette coupe for cruise-nights.
                  Nice concession.
                  Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
                  Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Barry

My FSJ pages, including the CTO page, are still up, but when I look on the tech pages here, there's not much for me to add to the accumulated knowledge that's been built up here. This site is serving its purpose in grand style.

I'll probably eventually move down from my Ford Excursion (which I bought to tow my Cherokee, but which is now useful for moving my daughters off to college over the next decade or so) to a J-20, but I'm not in a rush.
                    well well your still kicking.nice to see your still around.
                    85 gw 215k and still going
                    castrated(de-wooded)360 2" espo springs 31x10.5
                    89 gw,free,almost legal

She can dance a Cajun rhythm,Jump like a Willys in four wheel drive,

the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

"Our militarized "law enforcement" has become the standing army our founders feared"

Comment

Working...
                    X