International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General Chit-Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Always Broke

The sad part for the Democrats is that President Trump would actually work with them. He is a deal maker and he is not an ideolog. Sure he has some strong going in positions on some area's near and dear to the Democrates but if they worked with him I beleive he would compromise. He has already backed off on some of this positions with things like trade and currency manipulation.

But if you are a Democrat and try to work with anyone with a relationship to President Trump then the rest of the party and the base jumps all over you. Anyone that says anything positive about President Trump is met with a full force press from the base and the media.

I get it. They are mad because Hillary didn't win. They lost their SCOTUS picks as well. They painted the Republicans as the party of 'No' but soon that mantel will be handed back to them.

And sure the Republicans didn't do a great job of supporting President Obama's agenda. Unless you include things like Spending money, trade agreements, carte Blanche with the Iran deal, credit card act and two relatively smooth SCOTUS (no filibustering). Presdent Obama was less of a deal maker and the Republicans never got over how the aff ordable care act was done with little input from them and some questionable legislative tricks.
82 Cherokee WT – SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Old 05-21-2017, 12:10 PM
327 Rambler

I wrote in Cuban on the primary and Kasich on the ballot. or vice versa WTF difference does it make.

You never answered my original question, do you care Trump lied about all the great things he was going to do? how long will his " day one " promises go unfulfilled before you admit you were conned? dear leader started off slow and tapered off, let's hope Pence survives russiagate and he can hold things together until the next election.

I've noticed the same thing with all Trump voters who haven't crawled off to the fence row to hide yet, when you ask them a question they want to talk about you, Obama or Hillary. it's time to take responsibility.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440sixpack
WTF difference does it make.

you take hysterical liberal to a new level,hillary. about as truthful as she as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasts79Chief
... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Quote:
I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

→ Where the kids hang out...

fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...
Old 05-21-2017, 02:22 PM
327 Rambler

Liberal ? whatever. How many members of the cattlemen's assc are libs? how many B&C official measurers are libs? how many FITASC shooters are libs ? call me whatever makes you feel better about yourself , and if being a liberal is what you call someone who sees a con man for what he is call me a liberal.

You aren't going to talk about Trump or his promises are you? let me know when that check from Mexico shows up would you, should be any day no I'm sure. probably about the same time we all get " fabulous " health care and the budget is balanced . maybe then I won't be the only thing you care to discuss.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:52 PM

you are the one with a half dozen lies on this thread. you lie about who you voted for,your nationality...you're like Hillary,you lie when there is no reason for it. what was the reason to lie about who you voted for? you wrote in marc cuban,then kasich,then say you voted democrat. you weren't talking primaries. my 5 year old could call you out on this nonsense.

yet you gripe about trump being a liar,as you lie. and then think anyone owes you an explanation for who they voted for? you cant even tell the truth about who you voted for. your just a sad angry little joke looking to troll around a little bit and everyone on this thread sees it.

Quote:
... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Quote:
I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

→ Where the kids hang out...

fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...
Old 05-21-2017, 03:02 PM
258 I6

Can I just say (again?) how surreal it is that Americans now have not just two competing ideologies but two different versions of history?

I'm not really trying to convince anyone of anything at this point. It's just remarkable to me the extent to which coastal dems like me and just about everyone I know live with a completely different set of facts in mind.

It's kind of despairing, to be honest. I really believe in the right of self governance for all people. It seems to me that the United States would do well to break into four or five smaller countries by political inclination roughly following the Mason Dixon, the Appalachians, the Rockies & the Cascade / Sierra mountain chains. Just call it irreconcilable differences and move on, like any relationship gone sour.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:20 PM
Always Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian19
Just call it irreconcilable differences and move on, like any relationship gone sour.

It's been this way since the beginning of our democracy. What's changed is the politicians and whatever the current media no longer have exclusive access to large groups of people. You and I can discuss this with lots of people from all different places. I think it is good to disagree.

The problem with some, and this is not directed at you, is people are attacking the motives. Democrats say Republicans are evil, only care about the rich, want to kill the planet. Replblicans question Democrats loyality to our country.

Regarding Trump. Yeah, I voted for him. He wasn't my first choice, it was more a vote against Hillary. I didn't expect that he was going to do all of the things he said, what President ever does? And I totally expected he would compromise down some of his positions.

Heck, I had to vote for John McCain. Now that was painful but his opponent was just too left and, frankly, I don't think she is very smart. In the Primary I voted for Dr. Kelli Ward but she lost to McCains money and name recognition.
82 Cherokee WT – SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Old 05-21-2017, 06:21 PM
327 Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristow
............everyone on this thread sees it.
Uhhhh, I don't see it.
'73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch
Old 05-21-2017, 06:30 PM
258 I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod2
Uhhhh, I don't see it.
You ain't looking as hard as Ristow!
Old 05-21-2017, 07:54 PM
327 Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckside
You ain't looking as hard as Ristow!
Actually, I'm looking in a different direction.
'73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch
Old 05-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Gone,But not Forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristow
you are the one with a half dozen lies on this thread. you lie about who you voted for,your nationality...you're like Hillary,you lie when there is no reason for it. what was the reason to lie about who you voted for? you wrote in marc cuban,then kasich,then say you voted democrat. you weren't talking primaries. my 5 year old could call you out on this nonsense.

yet you gripe about trump being a liar,as you lie. and then think anyone owes you an explanation for who they voted for? you cant even tell the truth about who you voted for. your just a sad angry little joke looking to troll around a little bit and everyone on this thread sees it.

Hummmmm...

Might be that Trump was correct. In that millions of people voted more than once...

I think he's on to something.. Don S..
Old 05-21-2017, 09:33 PM
360 AMC

Quote:
Can I just say (again?) how surreal it is that Americans now have not just two competing ideologies but two different versions of history?

I'm not really trying to convince anyone of anything at this point. It's just remarkable to me the extent to which coastal dems like me and just about everyone I know live with a completely different set of facts in mind.

It's kind of despairing, to be honest. I really believe in the right of self governance for all people. It seems to me that the United States would do well to break into four or five smaller countries by political inclination roughly following the Mason Dixon, the Appalachians, the Rockies & the Cascade / Sierra mountain chains. Just call it irreconcilable differences and move on, like any relationship gone sour.

My grandmother and dad used to have heated republican verses democrat discussions back in the late 60's when I was young. The discussion however was always focused on what was best for the country rather than what was best for the parties. The facts aurgued were generally from the three major networks and local newspapers. News reports were actually fact checked and verified with confirmation by people that were willing to go on the record. Even then, two people could look at the same story and draw different conclusions. Up until the Bill Clinton administration our politicians were willing to compromise and trade something they wanted for something they could live with.

I think this country is stronger as one but you make a good point. I recently read that over the last 40 years the population has generally moved to where they can be around like minded people. We only associate with people that agree with us and we only read or watch news that supports our viewpoint. Everything else is from a radical right or left wing press. I see no end to the divisions that are being promoted and I don't think it all ends well. If the country was split, I wonder who would get all the blame for legislative failures.
* 1973 jcab mounted on 1983 j20 frame. 360/t18/208 d44/d60. Almost completed
Old 05-21-2017, 10:42 PM
Always Broke

Perhaps rather than splitting the country we should do what was originally intended which was to have most of the decisions and power at the State level and keep Federal power to what is enumerated in the Constitution.
Then people could move to States that are more in line with their ideas of what the Government should and should not do.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:47 PM
350 Buick

I like Trumps idea of get rid of 2 regulations before you can make any new ones....

YESSS!!!

Now if we could only do that with new govt employees too we'd be set.....
87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs
Old 05-22-2017, 05:45 AM
360 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by will e
Perhaps rather than splitting the country we should do what was originally intended which was to have most of the decisions and power at the State level and keep Federal power to what is enumerated in the Constitution.
Then people could move to States that are more in line with their ideas of what the Government should and should not do.

That is the solution. i think they still need 20+ states to ask for the constitutional convention to reset things. Only 11 so far have authorized a request.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:53 AM
258 I6

Yeah, dissolution of the US is not the ideal solution nor is it likely to happen any time soon. Taking that off the table...
I think a LOT of good could be done with 100% publicly funded elections, a shorter election season, term limits for the House and Senate, close the revolving door of public employee --> lobyist --> private sector --> public service again and if we could somehow get pundits on MSNBC and Fox to STFU and stick to the facts, we'd be a much better off.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:50 PM

I've been watching this thread with interest since it started. When Dems are in power, Republicans bad mouth Dems, when Rs are in power, Ds do the same. Who wins from that. This is all part of the pendulum swing. If one party is in too long, the swing is too far L or R. Somewhere in the middle is where most of the US is at. At some point in our lives everyone of us has put up with policies they don't like.

What I don't like is the hostility being shown, the demonstrations turning violent, the Senators and Congressmen/women talking impeachment, anything they can to disrupt.

I happen to lean R, but I've never hated Ds. Many things the Ds try and do make no sense to me. I'm all in favor, as stated above, return the power to the states, Feds just worry about defending our boarders and high level oversight. Let the states do what they want, and you're free to move to a state that most closely aligns with you. (Not meant to be mean) Wanna smoke pot, go where it's legal, want to drive 100MPH, some state would make that legal if they could, go there.

I also don't think the dissolution of the US will happen anytime soon, but for some states that seem to want it (California, Texas), are you really prepared to be self sufficient without the US Gov't? Are the other states willing to let them go? I like going to California to visit, but have no desire to live there. (too much of a gov't heavy hand) What state or region of states could actually survive and thrive without the others? My money would be on the midwestern states would have the best chance, but even at that, they lack essential things.

Anyway, I just wish everyone (Not talking to anyone on this site, just in general) could tone it down and give this a chance.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:43 PM
360 AMC

Quote:
Yeah, dissolution of the US is not the ideal solution nor is it likely to happen any time soon. Taking that off the table...
I think a LOT of good could be done with 100% publicly funded elections, a shorter election season, term limits for the House and Senate, close the revolving door of public employee --> lobyist --> private sector --> public service again and if we could somehow get pundits on MSNBC and Fox to STFU and stick to the facts, we'd be a much better off.

Can we add public employee unions, or at least over generous public employee health and pension plans to that list? How about the elimination of gerrymandered legislative districts that protect one parties candidates from ever being replaced?
Old 05-22-2017, 07:50 PM
360 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatplns

I also don't think the dissolution of the US will happen anytime soon, but for some states that seem to want it (California, Texas), are you really prepared to be self sufficient without the US Gov't?.

Well, California has the 4th largest economy in the world and Texas comes in at 11th. Texas has its own electric grid, would be energy independent, would likely export refined oil and chemical products, produces massive amounts of food in the valley and pan handle regions, has the fourth largest port in the country, and already has a significant world presence due to the way oil projects are managed around the world. It has removed its gold reserves from New York to a Texas depository and almost set up a defacto banking system when they proposed allowing individuals to deposit gold and silver in the depository and write drafts against those deposits to settle payments. It operates on a balanced budget and maintains reserves for down years. I don't think the state would ever vote to leave the union, but they are certainly preparing for the day things fall apart. They say every state gets more from the Feds than they pay in, which if you think about it can only happen due to the federal government borrowing money.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:19 PM

I didn't mean for my question to insinuate neither or none is capable. It was more a general question about all that would be involved, as you mentioned. I'd also have to think if it ever did happen, neighboring "states" would become trading partners. Just So everyone understands, I'm not advocating, hoping, or predicting anything like that will happen. Just interesting to think about what each regions strengths and weaknesses are? Food, energy, money, access to ports for import/export...

Hopefully we never get that far.
Closed Thread