X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yossarian19
    258 I6
    • Nov 13, 2016

Bernie is a lifelong registered independent. To my knowledge he's never been elected to office as a democrat. His politics do not agree with the DNC. I think the DNC was cowardly and wrong to torpedo him but, look, why should the DNC go out of it's way to help a guy who isn't a democrat? Clinton represents the DNC's platform MUCH more closely than Sanders ever did.
    Personally, I'd vote Sanders or Warren a lot more happily than I voted Clinton.
    As for why he campaigned for Clinton -
    desperation to avoid Trump. I get that a lot of people are sick of politicians in general and a lot of folks would have preferred somebody else on the GOP ticket but voted GOP anyway, but I am seriously concerned at our country's future with that guy at the helm. Women's rights, immigration, foreign policy, economic policy, you name it - that guy is in opposition to almost everything I believe in or that has been proven to work.
    A few exceptions to be made, there, but I am not optimistic about the next four years or the next few generations on the Supreme Court, now that the GOP has decided that only conservatives may be nominated to the bench.
    Seriously - we recently gutted the voting rights act and are threatening to overturn Roe V Wade. I guess not everyone feels the same way (obviously) but to me this is a slow-motion catastrophe.

Comment

• Ristow
      • Jan 20, 2006

You didn't build that followed by someone else made that happen and I got it wrong. Check. So let's all just kick back and wait for our successful businesses that someone else will make happen.

Hey , you think he woulda said that to the UAW, pointing at all the new cars?

His whole political culture is government is all good,and all giving.

There is self made people all over this country. As evidenced by this last election. Hillary was Obama round 3. It got squashed.
      Originally posted by Hankrod
      Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
      ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• TexasJ10
        360 AMC
        • Jan 03, 2002

Originally posted by yossarian19
        The full paragraph was
        "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you?ve got a business [stepping back to roads & bridges] you didn?t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn?t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

If you "must" believe that he was saying your success wasn't your own, well, OK.
        I think it's pretty clear from the whole speech that his point was that America's culture, our education, our infrastructure, our communities all make our individual successes possible. He was saying that America gives it's smart & hardworking people a good place to start and without it we'd all be the smartest, hardest working dirt farmers in Rwanda.
        But you'd never get that message from major news sources (especially right-leaning sources) because it's going to get better ratings & more ad revenue if you make everything out to be as splashy and scandalous as possible. I don't only want to bag on Fox, here, because lefty media went totally shrill over every Trump comment that anyone in a blue collar can tell was just off-color "shop talk" sort of stuff fired from the hip.
        I can agree that businesses have a much better chance of success when the environment around them allows them the chance to succeed. Unfortunately, the Democrats have insisted on making that environment more difficult through added employer burdens and excessive, mindless, regulation. i wouldn't open or run a business under the burdens placed there in the last 8 years, and apparently many others wouldn't either. Slowest recovery after a recession on record. New jobs almost all created at pay scales much lower than the jobs lost previously. Good Jobs are being lost to technology not only because it is more efficient in some cases, but it has become much cheaper than complying with all of the mandates and rediculous legal claims that come with having employees.

I agree however that the media, left and right, in this country is useless. We have to rely on Russian hackers to let us know what the media should have uncovered on their own. We give them constitutional rights to keep the legal process honest and they instead choose "sides" with an eye to ad revenue. Race issues, immigration, women's issues, etc, have all been hijacked to divide the country rather than bring it together and the media is the primary divider, (though I find it interesting that the left continues to try to,build its ranks by convincing various constituencies that they are being screwed by everyone).
        * 1981 stepside, 360, 727, 208, almost stock daily driver.
        * 1982 Laredo j-10, 360, 727, in rough shape and in the process of being rebuilt with 401, NV4500, Klune,
        . NP205,d60 front, d70 rear, fender work and minimal lift. It will probably take 10 years
        * 1973 jcab mounted on 1983 j20 frame. 360/t18/208 d44/d60. Almost completed

Comment

• yossarian19
          258 I6
          • Nov 13, 2016

I do think you are misunderstanding the quote; if you watch the video it seems to me obvious where and how he screwed the pooch. You can see his thought process hiccup. If you think that he really meant you didn't build your own business, though, hey - I'd be pissed, too. No matter where you are, success isn't easy and yes, you did build that (your career, your house, your family).
          The infrastructure (I think) he was talking about, maybe not...

Comment

• Ristow
            • Jan 20, 2006

I really do think Obama has great resentment for anyone that is not dependent on government .anyone that made it in spite of government . Far more than his party does. I think he let a little truth slip out, like his remarks on redistributing wealth.

The video is what I've always been familiar with. I actually read the transcript for the first time just because of this thread.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Ristow
              • Jan 20, 2006

A San Francisco leader wants the city to spend millions of taxpayer dollars on lawyers to represent illegal immigrants who find themselves at risk of being deported. That's according to the San Francisco Chronicle, which reported earlier this month that city Supervisor David Campos is asking for up ...

US legislators using US tax dollars for illegal aliens. golly, why did the dems get steam rolled in november?

why is it,liberals want gun makers held responsible for individuals actions if they use their gun,yet these same people hold no responsibility when an illegal alien murders someone in a sanctuary city?

oh,look at me,just being a xenophobe again....

Comment

• deckside
                258 I6
                • May 02, 2015

Edit:forgot I hate talking politics on the internet again.
                Last edited by deckside; 12-22-2016, 07:06 AM.
                1980 Wagoneer Limited "Prissyish" Sold
                1972 Wagoneer Butter Scotch Gold restoring

Comment

• Ristow
                  • Jan 20, 2006

And rahm Emmanuel too. Where do we know him from..... what kook was he associated with.....

This stuff is happening . It's not made up right wing fake news. The amount of ones grip has nothing to do with it.

I have a mighty fine be grip. I've been in a good mood for weeks,for some me reason.

Comment

• will e
                    Always Broke
                    • Nov 16, 2001

The Supreme Court and all of the court appointments was high on my list. I leaned toward Cruz in the primaries. And there was no way I was going to vote to Clinton in the general.

I just read all five pages. Some interesting thoughts. One I hadn't considered is what raising minimum wage does to tax revenues. And since some unions wages are tied to the minimum wage the tax revenue from increased pay will go up there as well.

President Elect Trump would not have been my first choice. I am hopeful. But honestly, while I didn't vote for President Obama either time, I was hopeful after his first election. The second election not so much.

Someone summed it up nicely. The Trump fans are not going to get everything they wanted and the people who are scared to death are going to find out this isn't going to be all of the things they say they fear.
                    Last edited by will e; 12-26-2016, 08:08 AM.
                    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Don S
                      • Feb 06, 2002

Originally posted by will e
                      Someone summed it up nicely. The Trump fans are not going to get everything they wanted and the people who are scared to death are going to find out this isn't going to be all of the things they say they fear.

They won't be happy with anything until a "Her" gets elected... That will be Mrs M. Obama... watch and wait...

Looking for a good one.. Don S..
                      Sold our 1976 Wagoneer 406, MC4300, TH400, QT, TruTrac, 2" lift, 31x10.50s, duel Optimas,
                      It?s took us over 161 Colorado Mountain Passes, 3 Jeep Jamboree USAs & 2 Ouray Invasions from 1985 to 2010
                      ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS HERE

Comment

• Rod2
                        327 Rambler
                        • Apr 11, 2004

Jan 20/2017: another "day that will live in infamy"
                        Rod Skaggs
                        '73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn Lock-O-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch

Comment

• ShagWagon
                          350 Buick
                          • Apr 10, 2016

I wonder what Obama will do for the rest of his life?
                          87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• Fearless
                            232 I6
                            • Dec 03, 2015

Originally posted by ShagWagon
                            I wonder what Obama will do for the rest of his life?
                            For the first year..... (This from Factcheck.org)

>>>snipage<<<... "Obama will join that list on Jan. 20, 2017. That?s not quite four months into fiscal year 2017, which begins Oct. 1, 2016, so the $359,000 earmarked for Obama in FY2017 does not cover a full fiscal year"

Nor does it include covered travel expenses, protection, or engagement/speaking fees. Thats a reasonable Salary even a guy like me could live on. Not passing judgment, just saying it's not an uncomfortable amount of money.

My guess is hell lay back for a year.... just like Jimmy, Ronald, George, Bill, George, and a half dozen before them did... Bask in the glow. After that.... Who knows? Fade like George I? Speak out on Global issues like Jimmy? Endorse the Wife like Bill?

My guess is the latter two. He'll enjoy the good life for a year or so, then go the Jimmy route speaking out on injustice and inhumanity, both locally and Globally. Both he and Michelle have a good Rep and could probably do some good on that front.

And yes, that avenue would fit well into a plan geared towards having Michelle take on the Hillary role 4/8 years down the road....

JMHO
                            Fearless
                            '89 Grand Wagoneer slightly Modified
                            "The only time you have too much fuel is when you are on Fire"

Comment

• ShagWagon
                              350 Buick
                              • Apr 10, 2016

I'm sure he will smoke a whole carton of camels this weekend just to unwind.

I wonder if he will make more than Clinton did in speech fees...

$359,000.00 is a pretty good retirement salary. Or is that for just one year to help him get back on his feet again?
                              87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• babywag
                                out of order
                                • Jun 08, 2005

Read up on the Former Presidents Act
                                Obama made sure he gave himself a big raise before leaving office.
                                Also vetoed latest attempt to amend the act.

Pretty sad really considering they leave office and usually make millions.
                                Speeches/books/etc./etc.

Sure give 'em protection via secret service, but it's not like they need all the other benies they get, or taxpayer $$

With exception of Clintons forgot that according to Hilarious they "left WH dead broke" lol
                                Last edited by babywag; 01-20-2017, 11:59 AM.
                                Tony
                                88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

Working...
                                X