International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Diesel Swaps

Old 10-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinPete
It is definitely tight to the inner fender. I think I can get away with just trimming the flange of the fender. If the hook for the hood was removed, then it could be mounted quite a bit higher and completely avoid the fenders.

I was thinking that too, if I could get rid of the hood hook, the intercooler I got could be 4-5" taller and cool more air. But I didn't want to mess with the original hood hook and I'm not a big fan of hood pins...

Thanks for all the pics Elliot and Hankrod. What are all the electronics for by the air intake?

Zack
www.zmjeeps.com
zack@zmjeeps.com
Old 10-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Banned

Wide band 02 sensor interface, throttle position sensor, electronic boost controller/wastegate solenoid, and map sensor. Hankrod
Old 10-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Cowboy Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrod
Thanks for posting up the pics Elliott. Hankrod

No problem sir!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Gear Head

zack looking good, i know i am not always the best info but hope some of my stuff helped you along. you've done a great job with that rig.

AMC 401 supporter

GO UM Montana Griz

"Dont worry the Coors light engineering department will be documenting this accordingly."
Old 12-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty
zack looking good, i know i am not always the best info but hope some of my stuff helped you along. you've done a great job with that rig.

On the contrary Dusty. I would still be sucking my diesel thumb if it weren't for you. You have helped me out tremendously. I really appreciate all the stupid questions of mine you had to answer…”Where does the fuel line go…” “Wait, there’s no distributor, WiTF do you do for a tach…” Stuff like that. Thanks again man,

Zack
www.zmjeeps.com
zack@zmjeeps.com
Old 08-05-2017, 11:13 AM
232 I6

Was this charge air cooler custom built or from another application? I know it's 8 yrs old, but looks perfect.

-kevin
Old 08-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Z&M Jeeps carries them. It's not custom, it's off-the-shelf to save money.
www.zmjeeps.com
zack@zmjeeps.com
Old 08-22-2017, 11:04 AM
232 I6

Zack,

A couple weeks ago I was able to find pics of this radiator, but now I don't know how I got them. There are no pics on your website. Did this end up being a good solution? Or is the flow rate bad?

Can you post more pics here somehow?

Can you send me the dimensions?

I finally put together my front end and I'm wondering where this would fit. My 72 has factory AC which I'd like to retain, and I think this CAC (charged air cooler) or "intercooler" would go in the same place as the condenser.

I wasn't going to do an upgraded turbo and add a CAC until phase 2 of this build, but it looks like I'm doing it now not later. So a purchase is eminent.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 08-23-2017, 09:06 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Kevin,
Send me your email address and I will send you some pictures. This ended up being a great solution. The truck has over 120,000 miles on it since it was built. No problems with EGTs even when towing. The truck also has air conditioning and there is room between the front valance and the radiator for the intercooler and the condensor. Z&M Jeeps has the intercooler you need for this project. Thank you,

Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoggerFogger
Zack,

A couple weeks ago I was able to find pics of this radiator, but now I don't know how I got them. There are no pics on your website. Did this end up being a good solution? Or is the flow rate bad?

Can you post more pics here somehow?

Can you send me the dimensions?

I finally put together my front end and I'm wondering where this would fit. My 72 has factory AC which I'd like to retain, and I think this CAC (charged air cooler) or "intercooler" would go in the same place as the condenser.

I wasn't going to do an upgraded turbo and add a CAC until phase 2 of this build, but it looks like I'm doing it now not later. So a purchase is eminent.

Thanks,
Kevin
www.zmjeeps.com
zack@zmjeeps.com