• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Narnian
    350 Buick
    • Aug 02, 2000

Cruise Control

When the previous owner of my 81 Laredo swapped engines, he lost the vacuum servo for the Cruise control, and didn't remount the hardware.

Has anyone installed aftermarket cruise control, like from JC Whitney?

Or does anyone know how to jimmy parts from another system to work on the 360? A replacement servo seems to be unavailable.
    1981 Cherokee Chief Laredo: 360 w/Holley Fuel Injection, Edelbrock manifold, NP219, 3.31, 33\'s, no fuzzy dice (yet)<br />1987 J20: Stock except for the gaudy red Durabak all over the exterior<br />1990 Corvette that get\'s driven anytime I don\'t need to haul a load or go offroad and the temperature is over 32F.
  • Marc_01
    327 Rambler
    • May 10, 2000

Same here, when i bought my rig, the previous owner had replace the carb and didn't hook the cruise back up.

Where is the servo at? I know i don't have the cable and braket that mounts on the carb linkage. Not to sure if i still have the servo.

------------------
    87 Grand Wagoneer
    360, D44's, 229, 2.73
    Headers
    K&N Filter
    Eldebrock Intake
    Holley 600 4 bl.
    -------------------------
    Soon:
    6inch suspension
    3in. body
    35's
    3.73's.

[This message has been edited by Marc_01 (edited August 04, 2000).]
    87 GW & it\'s brown

Comment

• Narnian
      350 Buick
      • Aug 02, 2000

As best as I can tell, the servo is supposed to be on the bracket right behind the carb throttle. I've never seen one in place though so I can't be sure.
      1981 Cherokee Chief Laredo: 360 w/Holley Fuel Injection, Edelbrock manifold, NP219, 3.31, 33\'s, no fuzzy dice (yet)<br />1987 J20: Stock except for the gaudy red Durabak all over the exterior<br />1990 Corvette that get\'s driven anytime I don\'t need to haul a load or go offroad and the temperature is over 32F.

Comment

• Brenton
        232 I6
        • May 01, 2000

Do you know who made the Cruise Control. I think Cruise Control was one of those items that for a long time, was manufactured by someone else - even when it was a factory install.
        I checked for some parts on a '91 Corolla i had, the dealer said I would have to check with the manufacturer of the Cruise control for something as simple as a shredded cable.
        I would bet that a vaccuum servo out of a bone yard would be a good fix?

Brenton

Comment

• Narnian
          350 Buick
          • Aug 02, 2000

I called two local junkyards, and one big one out of town. No luck.

Comment

Working...
          X