• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schwarzkopf9
    230 Tornado
    • Sep 10, 2018

J20 Rhino Grill Conversion

Hi guys, I have a 1979 J20 im looking at doing the Rhino conversion to. Im looking at a donor 1965 J200. Curious as to what parts off the truck I will need. Hes asking 1k$ for the truck and its going to be about 1000 miles round trip. Anyone think the truck would be worth that? I also need the drivers fender to replace mine, I understand that most FSJ flared fenders are interchangeable as well as the widetrac fenders, Im I correct? Thanks for any input, as you can see my knowledge is limited here...
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

To do it right you need the whole front fascia and hood. The fenders will fit.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• bagusjeep
      232 I6
      • Aug 04, 2018

You can make the shield, pie cans and lights fit your 79, it does require some metal work (including removing some tabs etc) and paint but the basic structure is on your 79. If you are seeking a design theme rather than exactness, you do not need to swap the entire front end and hood, but if you have the parts and want a 1979 J200 it will require a swap.

You can get all those non-sheet metal parts for about $350 - $400 on ebay.

Comment

I have a radiator support and the front facia. I spliced in the top center of the rhino support so you don't have to space out the top of the grille. The rad support was out of a 79 waggy V8, so your rad is a bolt up. Don't have the pans, lights, grille anymore. Is in primer with one small ding still in it.

Located in Oregon about halfway between Salem and Eugene. Shipping from 97355 on your dime if interested. Also have a pair of J truck fenders, bottom behind the flares rusted out, but easy enough to fab patches.

$250 for all. Can email pics, just PM me an email.
        Art
        ASE Master Collision Tech
        "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

Working...
        X