• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aktrapper
    232 I6
    • Aug 29, 2008

Anyone Near Central PA?

Long story short is that I am looking for someone near Carlisle, PA to help finish and install a motor in my 89 GW.

The longer version is that I bought a block about 6 years ago that my brother and I were going to rebuild and install. I went overseas for 5 years and he got busy with life and work, so it is finished (machine work) and needs assembled and installed.

I have a local shop that will do it for a reasonable price but I really want to learn rather than just pay and insurance won't let me in their shop. If there was someone local that I could work with to finish the motor and then install it, that would be great. Of course this would be a paying job, not asking for free labor, and I am completely flexible on timing. I'm sure there is someone around with the necessary skills and some time on their hands. TIA.
    Certified Novice Mechanic...
    89 Grand Wagoneer (AMC 360/TF727/NP229)

A work in progress!
  • chubbinius
    258 I6
    • Oct 31, 2018

If you have some free time, you might look at any of the City/Community Colleges around you for any Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician types of coursework. Some of them will let you bring in your project as part of the class. That way you get some expert advice from the instructors while learning on your own rig. (I am looking at something similar out my way when I find some free time).
    1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
    -Dauntless 350 V8
    -D27 front/D44 rear
    2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• SC/397
      Administrator
      • Feb 01, 2010

If you wanted to drive about 7 hours, I would help you out..
      The Squeaky Wheel gets replaced in my world

Comment

• aktrapper
        232 I6
        • Aug 29, 2008

Originally posted by SC/397
        If you wanted to drive about 7 hours, I would help you out..
        Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. If you wanted to drive 7 hours, I'd put you up and buy beer...
        Certified Novice Mechanic...
        89 Grand Wagoneer (AMC 360/TF727/NP229)

A work in progress!

Comment

Working...
        X