• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnold
    230 Tornado
    • Mar 30, 2003

Installing a Howell TBI fuel system on my 360

Hi, all im new to the jeep thing, I purchased a 1982 cherokee last year and am having the Engine replaced this week ( its a 360 longblock from midatlantic engines) with hedman headers. I had purchased a Howell TBI fuel system for the jeep. Has anyone here replaced their system with the Howell system, do you have any advice, schematics, tips, websites or any info for me on how to go about this. BTW the shop replacing my engine doesnt want to install the fuel injection system. [email protected]
  • TexasJ10
    360 AMC
    • Jan 03, 2002

Arnold, Welcome to the board. I looked at the Howell, but decided to go with the CustomEFI system sold by a board member here. I wasn't sure of the support that Howell was going to offer. Everything that I have heard is good about Howell is good and they have a reputation for good customer service during the install. If you want an overview of how this type system is installed you can go to the following site:

There is a small subscription fee, but it is well worth it and you will find your install much easier. To get an idea of the depth of information just check out his expanation of the emissions systems on a jeep. This section is free on his site.
    * 1981 stepside, 360, 727, 208, almost stock daily driver.
    * 1982 Laredo j-10, 360, 727, in rough shape and in the process of being rebuilt with 401, NV4500, Klune,
    . NP205,d60 front, d70 rear, fender work and minimal lift. It will probably take 10 years
    * 1973 jcab mounted on 1983 j20 frame. 360/t18/208 d44/d60. Almost completed

Comment

Working...
    X