• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PBG928
    232 I6
    • Jul 29, 2016

85 GW Engine missing

My 85 has a rebuilt motor with Holley Sniper that I recently added. vibrates and shakes at low idle and when accelerating. Checked time, replaced plugs and wires, New DUI distributor. Thought it may have exhaust gas in coolant causing miss but did block test woh blue fluid and appears ok. Compression 150 in all cylinders. Checked all vacuum hoses which are minimal with Holley. Numerous calls to Holley with logs being sent but no solutions. Any thoughts? Thanks
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
    1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
  • PBG928
    232 I6
    • Jul 29, 2016

Solved missing issue

Solved it!. Shout out to Holley tech support for helping. I run a Sniper 2300 and put in Holley Hyperspark system which includes a coil, Distributor and ignition box. All plug and play with Sniper and controls timing as well. But for the vacuum leak it really is a simple install. Despite all of this, car was missing and shuddering on acceleration and would drop to 400 rpm and die sometimes when I came to a stop. Checked all connections and found vacuum lines going down to tranny or transfer case would not hold vacuum when tested with gauge. Plugged them temporarily and car runs like it should idle is smooth and no shuddering on acceleration. Will let it cool down and start tracing those lines and checking connections.
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
    1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comment

Working...
    X