• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Need help with rear door glass/regulator, and internals

Just got my doors back on the Wagoneer. All four doors are empty. Can someone help me with the order I should start putting them back together. I'am thinking the vent windows need to be put in first, is this the first step? Thanks for any help with this cluster. I'am thinking the order would be the same for front and rear doors.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
  • SOLSAKS
    304 AMC
    • Jul 25, 2016

I do know vent window is first.
    dave
    SOLSAKS - dave
    1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
    1982 J-10 Fleetside
    1988 grand wagoneer
    2004 RUBICON jeep
    Benson, NC

Comment

• backroadin'
      350 Buick
      • Aug 11, 2004

Yup -vent windows first, but don't put all the screws in and tighten it down - the vent window has to be able to move around (tip a bit) in order to get the glass to go in. Once the glass is sitting inside the door (at bottom), then the vent can set in place with the glass in the slide channel. I'd still wait to tighten everything down till you got the window rolling up and down and no binding (mostly just the bottom channel bracket and door sill screws.)
      It's a pain, but take your time. Don't rush it. Putting the roll-up crank clip on the window is a lot easier than taking it off. (not sure which style of that you have.)
      1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

Working...
      X