• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dome
    304 AMC
    • Apr 06, 2000

1973 J-4000 Gladiator - Lowry Brott

I have owned this truck since 1996 when I bought it for $1000. I have added a body lift and two add-a-leafs to the front so that 40" tire would be cofartable on it. It has the Q-trac, auto, W/ a 360 and 4bbl carter, edelbrock intake and mallory unilite ignition and currently I run 33x9.50x15 tires. I have driven it daily as a sevice truck; installing hydraulic systems al over Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and western Montana. Ive done other things to it which include: heavier U-bolts reversed aroud the front axel, made a heavier drag link, installed a new steering box, flipped the rear shackles 180 degrees,moved the radiator down 3", extended the steering column, relocated the shifter linkage, camo paint, added a larger fuel tank, moved the engine and tranny back 1/2 ", rebuilt the front end, added all new brake components and longer braided stainless brake lines, I changed the alt. to a GM single wire. I estimate I've got @ $6000 into it and its worth every penny when I drive it. I really enjoy pulling CJ's out of the mud or back on thier feet. I've never had it stuck or been standed or broke down. I have amazed more than a few CJ owners being able to put my camper on and go all the places they go pulling 1100 pounds on my back.

Lowry Brott
    Bayview, Idaho
    83 Wagoneer Limited (R.I.P)
    360, TF727, NP228
    SOA, 35's, WT Axles, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker
Working...
X