International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Grease Monkey

Finally got a speedometer!

Well after owning the Jeep for 3 or so years... I finally decided to put some effort into finding one that works, and thanks to the local Napa guy I got one!

What a PITA to get that thing off and on the cluster... Couldnt seem to figure out how to get the cluster completely out but I was able to shove my hand back there enough to finally get the new one on... And after fussin with it in awkward position for 30min to an hour, finally got it on! Took it for a test drive and it works!! I should mention, its a little shorter then the original, but I couldn't find one that was the same length... was either a few in shorter or waaayyy to long.... Fits like a glove though!

Just thought I'd share!! It's nice to have a somewhat working speedo! If any one needs the part # let me know, still have to box in the garage...

Now onto the next issue(s)....

Last edited by The_Turd : 01-30-2010 at 12:56 PM.