• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FYR WOOD
    232 I6
    • Jun 30, 2002

D44 rear disc setup

I know someone's done it and has all the part numbers ready and waiting. I would be forever in your debt...

Scott
    88 GW/360/727/NP208/D44f&r/4.27 gears/lockright rear/welded front/36x12.50 TSL\'s/9point cage,roof chopped,bobbed 16\"
  • Kenall

• Apr 15, 2000

stainless steel brake has a kit for ur 88 at 700$. contains all u need plus nice instructions.
    Ken's:
    1966 Super Wagoneer
    5.7L 2BBl. Th700R4. NP-208. Opens. 3.31s. 4core. 4Discs. PS,PB,AC,CC,Cassette.
    (Soon to be TBI)
    "If it aint leaking, it's empty!"

Comment

• kman458
      232 I6
      • Oct 31, 2003

i am going to get some stuff from here.
      DANA 44 REAR BRAKES
      Kenny

2002 Liberty Renegade stock for now

1977 Cherokee 383/th400/d20 recentered hummer wheels, swamper ssr 38/15.5x16.5\'s

1947 CJ-2A 4.3/th350/d18

always in search of solutions to non-exsistant problems

Comment

• miked
        350 Buick
        • Oct 17, 2000

there is a weld on caliper adapter, its pretty straight fwd. you can use a 6 bolt rotor from a 76 and up wag, or if you've got 5 bolt a rotor from a 1 7/8" 77-78 cj will work.

don;t forget that you have to change your master cyl to a disc/disc setup otherwise you;ll have major issues with pedal travel

caliper bracket: http://www.aa-mfg.com/pdshop/shop/item.asp?itemid=15

calipers and pads from junkyard as cores, buy new ones at autozone/kragens/pep boys for about $20 loaded with pads. be sure to get the 1 7/8" calipers, mucho more stopping power

email for more info if you need it
        Mike D'Ambrogia - Sonora, CA
        66 J2000 - "Speedy"
        Buick 350-th400-D20-D44 front-D53 rear w/powr-lok front and rear
        Do the Single Relay Headlight Wiring Upgrade for Early Jeep Wagoneers modification...

Comment

• scotty
          • Jun 12, 2000

in a nutshell:
          91+ k1500 4wd front rotors
          AA-049A weld-on brackets from A&A mfg
          77 chevy 4wd 1/2 ton front calipers,pads, and hoses if yo dont care bout a mechanical E brake.

will cost you less than $150 if you buy everything brand new from the 'Zone

if you want a mechanical e brake,sub chevy front calipers for 77,78ish caddy eldorado rear calipers.this bumps up the above cost around $120. dont get the later,80s caddy calipers theyre smaller and wont fit the AA-049A bracket

more info here:
          scotty
          85 grand wagoneer
          258/t18/d20/10 bolt/14 bolt
          38" TSL SXs
          chopped,bobbed and caged

http://nightcrawlers4wd.20megsfree.com/index.html\

http://mytrailrigs4x4.20megsfree.com/photo.html\

Comment

• FYR WOOD
            232 I6
            • Jun 30, 2002

I love you scotty.
            88 GW/360/727/NP208/D44f&r/4.27 gears/lockright rear/welded front/36x12.50 TSL\'s/9point cage,roof chopped,bobbed 16\"

Comment

• Kenall

• Apr 15, 2000

ya see, Scott..as soon as i reply, everyone jumps on the band wagon cuz they now i dont have any good advice

i dint like the weld on bracket idea, cuz i mean, its a weld on, i aint that good at welding but maybe u are, so i went to TSM (www.tsmmfg.com) and bought their kit for 250$ and added later Ebrake caddie calipers. its a bolt on kit.

i dint like 2use the same size calipers on the rear as in the front, cuz no OE manufacture has done the same with any longevity, cept maybe for caddie but then that run only lasted 2 yrs. 76-78.

[ December 16, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Kenall ]
              Ken's:
              1966 Super Wagoneer
              (Soon to be TBI)

Comment

• FYR WOOD
                232 I6
                • Jun 30, 2002

I gotcha Ken. I wasn't disregarding your advice whatsoever, just looking for a slightly cheaper option. I have idolized your Super for some time now, and it was actually what got me goin on mine. I just got a little carried away with the Sawzall I guess. I appreciate everyone's advice ALWAYS.

Scott

Comment

• Kenall

• Apr 15, 2000

however, with ur 36s i do recommend the larger rear calipers (caddie eldorado 76-78). thats a lot of weight u ahve to stop.

i use the smaller rear caddies cuz i only have pizza sized 33s
                  Ken's:
                  1966 Super Wagoneer
                  (Soon to be TBI)

Comment

• thefixer0508
                    232 I6
                    • Dec 07, 2003

i foumd a guy on ebay selling a kit looks good and price isn't bad apparently he runs an off road shop i gathered from some pics if i go to ebay i will look and leave name
                    boo hoo

Comment

• scotty
                      • Jun 12, 2000

no prollemo,ken. [img]smile.gif[/img] i wasnt knockin your advice either. i gotta do everythign on an extereme budget,cause im poor

also,i since ive gotten a welder,i dont hardy try and bolt anything together,anymore

when youre fabbin stuff,its way easier to weld than to drill holes and use bolts,as long as youre sure it wont need to come back apart

i used the weld on bracket wheni did mine cause i couldnt afford to buy a decent bolt on bracket,and i couldnt really fab somethin that spaced the caliper correctly without alot of cutting and drilling.so weld on worked well for me [img]smile.gif[/img]

nothin wrong at all with buying a kit if you cant weld,or dont have a welder

[ December 17, 2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: scotty ]
                      scotty
                      85 grand wagoneer
                      258/t18/d20/10 bolt/14 bolt
                      38" TSL SXs
                      chopped,bobbed and caged

http://nightcrawlers4wd.20megsfree.com/index.html\

http://mytrailrigs4x4.20megsfree.com/photo.html\

Comment

• Kenall

• Apr 15, 2000

oh i have a welder, but its only a lincholn stic. i just dont trust my welds on brake pieces, maybe the shocks..but not the brakes
                        Ken's:
                        1966 Super Wagoneer
                        (Soon to be TBI)

Comment

• kman458
                          232 I6
                          • Oct 31, 2003

Originally posted by Kenall:
                          oh i have a welder, but its only a lincholn stic. i just dont trust my welds on brake pieces, maybe the shocks..but not the brakes
                          i am going with the bolt on style as i have a good mig but do not trust my welding for any structual parts just yet.
                          Kenny

1977 Cherokee 383/th400/d20 recentered hummer wheels, swamper ssr 38/15.5x16.5\'s

1947 CJ-2A 4.3/th350/d18

Comment

• robselina
                            304 AMC
                            • Feb 26, 2003

just a thought, but given the way your rig is going, it seems like that rear end is probably not going to be there for long. maybe you want to do some upgrades to the mater cylinder, booster or something like that incase you go to a D60FF or GM14FF down the line? just a thought...
                            Rob

Comment

• kman458
                              232 I6
                              • Oct 31, 2003

Originally posted by rselina:
                              just a thought, but given the way your rig is going, it seems like that rear end is probably not going to be there for long. maybe you want to do some upgrades to the mater cylinder, booster or something like that incase you go to a D60FF or GM14FF down the line? just a thought...
                              is there ever a jeep that is truely finished, never to be modified again.
                              Kenny

1947 CJ-2A 4.3/th350/d18

Comment

Working...
                              X