X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FSJ Guy
    • Mar 20, 2005

I found my A/C!!! :-p

I was told that the limousine did not have air conditioning when I purchased it. But when I removed the covers on the front divider and the rear-facing seat, I found the air conditioning unit for the back.

I don't have power to the fan, yet, however. But everything else in the back (heater fan, lights, radio, liquor dispenser) has power.

For some reason, the A/C lines are SPLICED into the OE lines. As in spliced, I mean the lines are slipped over a hose barb and a regular hose clamp is used to hold the hose on. Is that kosher???

Once I get the blower motor working, I'll work on redoing the A/C lines correctly and getting a charge into the system.
    Ethan Brady
    1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.
  • jsinajeep
    304 AMC
    • Nov 26, 2005

Originally posted by FSJ Guy
    I was told that the limousine did not have air conditioning when I purchased it. But when I removed the covers on the front divider and the rear-facing seat, I found the air conditioning unit for the back.

I don't have power to the fan, yet, however. But everything else in the back (heater fan, lights, radio, liquor dispenser) has power.

For some reason, the A/C lines are SPLICED into the OE lines. As in spliced, I mean the lines are slipped over a hose barb and a regular hose clamp is used to hold the hose on. Is that kosher???

Once I get the blower motor working, I'll work on redoing the A/C lines correctly and getting a charge into the system.
    Yes to the spliced joint. That what they used when they put an after market A/C unit in the new van I bought in 77.
    http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• FSJ Guy
      • Mar 20, 2005

Interesting. I never thought of splicing a line that has, what, 200 PSI or so?
      Ethan Brady
      1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• jsinajeep
        304 AMC
        • Nov 26, 2005

I have used the "T" fitting when I add a rear unit in the van also. Most unit will not have 200#
        at any time that I have worked on.
        http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• Zigged 79
          232 I6
          • Mar 06, 2012

Well you just reminded me of another project I should do. Of course if I wait long enough it will be winter 2013 , then i can think about it again in summer 2014.

Comment

Working...
          X