International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Events > Las Cruces

Old 10-19-2008, 07:11 AM

Ditto what Flint said upset that I didn't make the first one, maybe next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler68
congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
Robert A. Heinlein
The birth of CROM is recorded here
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778
Old 10-19-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
Teaser, OK. Lookin good!
I was thinkin about y'all today wondering how things went.
I'm back.
Had to abandon the jeep and take the Nissan.
Met some more great people.
Another teaser until I have time to sort and we know everyone is back safe.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Old 10-19-2008, 05:15 PM
FSJ Maniac

well tad i just rolled back into c-bad and got a call from mike huber,they got lost coming out of amatista...probably long day for them AGAIN!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:15 PM

Local Yokel beat

I am thankfully back here at home, with a subway samich in my belly, a viewing of "Zohan", and a highly needed shower.

Today, Sunday, the wife and i set our jaws for another day of fear, diff-destroying rock avoidance, picture taking, laughter, and new vistas. Then a rock bearing a grudge vented it's aggression on the sidewall of my front pass. with a balding spare 30" tire in place of my massive 33", the awesome wifey's resolve began to wane, taking with it my confidence, leaving me with concern for our safety, as well as the safety of the remaining wheelers. So i begged off, much to the relief of the wife, and i shook hands with the remaining drivers, thanking them for showing me what's possible, what's not, for educating me, and allowing me to join in on the fun. After two days of some challenging wheeling, we were beat. I have a newfound respect for the guys from Peterson's that do the week-long tough-truck!

I told a few that i would be blasting them on their own website, so here goes: THIS WAS THE MOST FUN I"VE HAD ALL YEAR, AND THESE WERE THE MOST DIVERSE, INTELLIGENT, HELPFUL, FUNNY, NICE, INFORMATIVE, NON-COMPETITIVE, FOLKS I'VE MET IN A WHILE.
There, you done been "blasted".

Boy, did i feel like the dude that brought a knife to a gun fight:

Angel's Disco-tech:

Made some really good food, breakfasts and fajitas. Thank you so much, folks! We sincerely appreciated your hospitality!

The shirt that Heimeken had made for us:

No, i have no pictures the tow strap that was raffled out to me, pretty funny, give the tiny Chevy guy a tow strap.

As we all do, i have plenty of pics, mid 300's between the wife and i. I'll be posting a write up of this event for the boys back home in Oregon, so if you'd like to see/read: http://sore4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.p...p=30283#p30283

If any "locals" want to e mail me for wheeling trips, that would be cool. Or if anyone has questions, comments, or for pictures: ryanfromnm@yahoo---subject line: IFSJA. (i'm spammed out, and if i don't know your addy/name, the message will be deleted)

Ladies and gentlemen, we had a blast, you folks were awesome, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!
'84 Chevy 305, few mods to engine, nothing to brag about. no mods to drivetrain. 4" leaf suspension, 33" shoes on 15" rim, open diffs. GM 10 bolt F/R on a BBW body...desire "diet" for the bod. SORE4x4.com rocks my socks off

Last edited by FireSnake : 10-19-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:43 PM
FSJ Maniac

ryan thats actually angels disco
attempting to get pics uploaded
Old 10-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo
ryan thats actually angels disco
attempting to get pics uploaded

Doh! Repaired. Will be lurking at this thread for the next few weeks. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
'84 Chevy 305, few mods to engine, nothing to brag about. no mods to drivetrain. 4" leaf suspension, 33" shoes on 15" rim, open diffs. GM 10 bolt F/R on a BBW body...desire "diet" for the bod. SORE4x4.com rocks my socks off
Old 10-20-2008, 03:32 PM

Apologies for being a pest, did Y'all/they-all get out and home safe and sound? (No, i have no life other than work, wheeling/tech/mech and the occasional video game) I see Tad and Sambo made it...
Old 10-21-2008, 09:15 AM
FSJ Maniac

Made it Home 11pm last night

Well made it in last night at 11pm, Will had a bit of a delay with the trailer so I caught up with him outside Abilene, I am guessing he got rolling ok since I did not hear from him again.

I will work on some loading some pics today and my videos, I think we should move all pics to the offroad section. Unless we can talk the mods to making us our own section like Ouray and East Coast Invasion....
Stak 3 speed
44" Pitbull Rockers on Trailworthy H1's
Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
401....new project

Tow Rig Daily Driver// 2007 6.7 CTD Dually
Old 10-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Master Mechanic

Yes, let's move the pics and afterwards talk to the offroad section.

I'm still on the road, we ended up getting a hotel last night at midnight when we were still in Eastland. My front driver trailer tire sheared all the wheel studs sending my wheel/tire down the interstate beside me. That was a rush! I couldn't find the tire/wheel after 45 minutes of looking, and I just bought that tire last week!

Anyway, we're still getting back, but we should make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjeep44
After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in
Old 10-21-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Willie
My front driver trailer tire sheared all the wheel studs sending my wheel/tire down the interstate beside me. That was a rush! I couldn't find the tire/wheel after 45 minutes of looking, and I just bought that tire last week!
sounds like somebody didn't ge the lugs tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler68
congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
Robert A. Heinlein
The birth of CROM is recorded here
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778
Old 10-21-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Willie
Yes, let's move the pics and afterwards talk to the offroad section.

I'm still on the road, we ended up getting a hotel last night at midnight when we were still in Eastland. My front driver trailer tire sheared all the wheel studs sending my wheel/tire down the interstate beside me. That was a rush! I couldn't find the tire/wheel after 45 minutes of looking, and I just bought that tire last week!

Anyway, we're still getting back, but we should make it.

Dang Will, you are certinaly in the running for the most consistant poor luck prize, but glad to hear you folks are still moving and safe.

Off-Road section will be fine for the pic's and I'll talk with LRRH about putting in/up a Las Cruces section, we normally don't do it for 1st time events but I'm sure we have enough interest and folks are already planning for next year.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Old 10-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigun
sounds like somebody didn't ge the lugs tight.

Actually, I tightened them before I left Tyler, drove all the way there, and they were still tight before I left Las Cruces.

We made it back today finally at 1:00 with no more problems, although I stopped a dozen times in 4 hours to check lug nuts and tire pressures. 1530 total miles for my truck (GPS / corrected for tires = 1702 miles). Now the work will begin. It was good to meet all of you, Melodye and myself had a great time. Thanks to everyone helping me with whatever. I'll get my pictures and videos loaded soon; first I have to unload the Waggy into the garage (somehow) and unpack my cram packed truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjeep44
After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in
Old 10-22-2008, 06:41 AM

Jeez, Will. it just wasn't your weekend. i've not gone on wheeling trips when i "feel" something isn't right...

Glad you two made it back in one piece!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Señor Jackhead

Good to hear of the turn out! Sounds like there were some challenges and a lot of fun! The pix are great. We want to be there next time and also want to support this event. We had the week off but finances dictated we cancel a few weeks back. Probably just as well because we were both down with a nasty flu bug for the whole week.
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s and a few Evil Twin mods, http://eviltwinfab.com and a few TT's Fabworks mods, http://www.ttsfabworks.com
76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
Old 10-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Master Mechanic

What were the temps like there?
Ralph
Old 10-22-2008, 11:23 AM

Mid 70's during the day and cool at night, but not enough to be uncomfortable...great wheelin' weather....in fact, Monday it was cloudy most of the morning and started raining for about 10 minutes right after we got Irving off the trail...I would have really hated pulling him up a muddy hill
TT Fabworks SOA, Rear Shackle Flip
Parts Mike Full High Steering kit,
63" rear springs, BJ's 2" front springs
Chevy 350 crate,TPI, 700r4, 241
14 bolt rear,Dana 44 WT Front 4.56\'s, Lockrites
31 Gallon Suburban gas tank
36/13.50-16.5 IROK's
Disc brakes on all 4 corners
Bushwacker XJ Pocket Flares
Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 PM
FSJ Maniac

thank goodness for beadlocks
i didnt notice my left front tire wrapping like it did in the first pic of my rig that michael posted
Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Rogers
What were the temps like there?
Ralph

Just about perfect, for this area of the state. We were all lucky! mid 50's for night, mid/upper 70s for day. dippin into the 30s right now!