• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gophman
    232 I6
    • Mar 05, 2015

ordering from Bulltear

I have placed an order from bulltear for a mid plate and new oil pump gears, order placed on Monday and website still says "order pending", the money has been taken and not had a reply to my email. Has anyone had any issues with ordering from them?
  • serehill
    Gone,Never Forgotten.
    • Nov 22, 2009

Nothing bad

All the specialty sites have their good days & bad days. I'll not slam any of them. I know bulltear to be reputable & busy I would keep on them but I'm sure it's nothing personal they are just busy. Hit them up again. they are cool folks.

80 Cherokee
    360 ci 727 with
    Comp cams 270 h
    NP208
    Edlebrock performer intake
    Holley 4180
    Msd total multi spark.
    4" rusty's springs
    Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• gophman
      232 I6
      • Mar 05, 2015

Thanks, will do

Comment

• Tripwire
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Jul 30, 2000

Agreed, small mom and pop shops dont have the inventory or shipping that for instance amazon does, I have heard only good things about them ( never ordered yet) - be patient and you will get what you need
        Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• gophman
          232 I6
          • Mar 05, 2015

Well, have emailed them several more times and still no reply and order still listed as pending.... Not impressed one bit, I would cancel the order and order from bj's but they already have my money and no guarantee I would be able to contact to cancel either. Looks like the first and last time I will be ordering from bultear unless they have a Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted!Expletive Deleted! good reason.

Comment

• Ghinmi
            Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

I know they build a lot of stuff in batches and it sometimes takes time for them to get back in stock. Not making excuses for them, just what I've seen in the past. You might try contacting them thru facebook, fairly active on there. Goes by "BTA Bulltear".
            Yep, I know my PM box is full. Email me instead.

1983 Cherokee WT - IFS, trailing arm rear, full cage, Hemi, 6 speed, turbocharged - Autocross project
            http://ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=127321

Comment

• mrtazwrench
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Nov 10, 2001

Have patience they have never let me down, I visited the shop at the old location a few times MC is a good guy just gets too busy sometimes.
              Chad
              "Let's see that Red Blue Green **** sucker build one of these without duct taping it together!"
              https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=76427b95fd
              88Wag
              87J20 Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
              83Cherokee WT
              82J20
              Parts vehicles: 1.5 Wags, 3.5 J20's, 1 J10 1 J300

Comment

• del
                327 Rambler
                • Apr 13, 2006

bulltear

As with all specialty vendors, time is not on their side. With limited inventory, small staff, and the advent of Internet sales, small vendors can be overwelmed. I've gotten to the point where I order stuff way in advance. we're kind of limited to where we can get stuff, so be a little forgiving...del
                1987 Wagoneer
                4" BDS Springs, 31"x10.50's
                401/727/229

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Dec 28, 2002

Busy like you wouldn't believe. I know our company email hasn't gotten any emails and nobody that has called and left a message hasn't gotten a return phone call. If you call and someone doesn't pickup in 3 rings then the lines are busy. We were Mom and Pop maybe 15 years ago but now we are Pop, Pop and the band of employees.

-Matt 651-433-3689
                  AMC/Jeep Forum
                  Custom machined AMC/4X4/Race Parts...www.Bulltear.com
                  ///
                  "We offer performance, reliability and customization for your AMC V8"

Comment

Just busy as Beavers. Expect a little backlog and you WILL get what you ordered unlike some other places.
                    Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• JERSEY JOE
                      304 AMC
                      • Jan 15, 2004

BULTEAR

BULTEAR RULES... MATT IS A STAND UP GUY. YOU WILL GET YOUR PARTS. WE SHOULD ALL BE THANKFUL THAT GUYS LIKE MATT ARE MAKING COOL STUFF FOR OUR AMC ENGINES!
                      1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 IHC D300 FARM TRUCK NY
                      1985 CJ 7 AMC 401, CLARK 285SV 5 SPEED, DANA 60, DANA 44, RUBICON 4.5 LIFT. 37 KRAWLERS
                      1987 J-20 401 90% COMPLETED.
                      1985 J-20 360 6 inch lift, 37's plow truck
                      1986 J-20 360 stock well rusted plow truck
                      1970 AMX CURRENT PROJECT

Comment

• Nikkormat
                        232 I6
                        • Jan 03, 2015

My bullter experience was positive, after they got back in touch with me and realized I just wanted to change to faster shipping (instead of complaining it hadn't shipped yet) they were pretty quick to get it sorted out. They had to machine my filter relocation bracket before they sent it so it took longer than anticipated.

Order with plenty of lead time for it to ship and you will get what you payed for. Everything was finished very nicely and it was all within spec.

Comment

• selkplitt
                          232 I6
                          • Sep 01, 2010

I have ordered several pieces from Bulltear. Expect at least a 2 month delivery time. My nickel timing cover has the gears sticking out .009. Showing shipped and 2 weeks later was still in his shop. The amc crank turning nut I ordered in May and several calls and emails showed shipped in Sept but still haven't received it. I am chalking that up to money lost.
                          http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z469/selkplitt/
                          1989 Grand Waggy stock
                          2007 Commander Rock Mountain Edition
                          2021 GMC Sierra 3.0 Duramax

Comment

Working...
                          X