• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WaypointWagon
    230 Tornado
    • Oct 04, 2016

QS3 Paint Code???

Hey everyone! Was decoding my 1990 GW and when it came to the paint code I am a bit confused. It has been re-sprayed once before which got me checking in the first place.

The paint code on the body I.D. plate is QS3 which I cannot find anywhere in manuals, online, etc. Now the body itself appears to be Dover Grey, door jams, under carpet, etc., all appear to be Dover Gray so most signs point to this being the original color. Problem is, the paint code for Dover Gray is HS3 which is close, but not exact. Dover Gray is the only code I can find that has "S3" in it at all but where does the "Q" come from?

I am not painting it anytime soon but curiosity is killing me. Thanks!
    /// 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ///
  • Tbeach
    230 Tornado
    • Nov 16, 2014

I have a 1991 GW with QS7 as the secondary paint code, which is Dark Silver Metallic. From research, I have read on some sites that the Q is meaningless. You will notice that your primary paint color (which is the code before the QS3) is probably PS3.
    91 GW, rebuilt and mild upgrade AMC 360, Howell EFI, 4" lift, HEI, 31" BFG AT KO2.

Comment

• WaypointWagon
      230 Tornado
      • Oct 04, 2016

Originally posted by Tbeach
      I have a 1991 GW with QS7 as the secondary paint code, which is Dark Silver Metallic. From research, I have read on some sites that the Q is meaningless. You will notice that your primary paint color (which is the code before the QS3) is probably PS3.
      http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclc...-Jeep-pg01.jpg
      Yes, primary code is PS3. Thanks!
      /// 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ///

Comment

Working...
      X