• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AzFrank aka Desertson
    258 I6
    • Apr 19, 2002

Point me in the right direction on fuel injection upgrade

Who has done a fuel injection upgrade on thier AMC 360 ('79 engine)? What new parts did you need and what was the total cost?
    Also what problems did you run into.
    I'm sick of carbs,and I'm at my wits end.Tax return time is here so I seriously thinking about this project.
    Thanks Guys,
    AzFrank
    Respect our Mother Earth,<br />Pack it in pack it out,<br />and Keep-A-Jeepin\'<br />My \'79 Cherokee motto<br />\"Old an slow and wanna be off road\"<br />Her name,Spirit of Arizona
  • Jeepzilla
    258 I6
    • Dec 29, 2001

Go to the engine tech archives and read the posts by TPIGUY. Then go to his website customefis.com There are several systems to choose from and he mentions them in his discussion. I do not have any changes, but I am going to see what the law is here in Ohio about modifying emissions systems. That is the main problem really, because EFI does not need the plumbing for spark advance and mixture control. If your state says that you can do anything to your car as long as it passes the test, then you are good to go. If your state says no tampering with stock emissions systems, then you are SOL.

[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: Jeepzilla ]</p>
    \'81 Cherokee \"Gollum\", 258 with TFI ignition, 4-speed, stock drivetrain.<br /><br />\"We spend our lives full of it. What hurts is the discovery of how much and for how long.\"

Comment

• SpruceMoose
      350 Buick
      • Nov 01, 2000

another option is the holley projection system. i didnt have a lot of cash to throw at it, so i got everything off of ebay: 2bbl analog projection, closed-loop add-on system, and an edelbrock 4bbl intake. i think i spent about 600 bucks. not as state of the art, but runs great!

sm.
      88 Grand Wagoneer<br />\"Spruce Moose\"<br /><br />See the Moose at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fsjworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3294\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fsjworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3294</a> <br /><br />AMC 360, DANA 44 F/R 2.72, TF 727, NP 229<br />Jacobs Pro-Street Ignition, Edelbrock 4bbl Intake with Holley 2bbl Analog Pro-Jection<br />Flowmaster 2.5\" 50 Series Delta muffler and tubing<br />K&N cone air filter, Amzoil fluids all around<br />31x10.5 BFG A/T KO<br />Rusty\'s 4\" lift<br />Home-made tube nerfs and bumpers<br />BJs Muscle grill<br />HF,VHF,UHF ham rigs and too many antennas (not)<br />8-Ball shift knob from college (1975)<br />Hella fog and driving lights<br />Kenwood MP3 HU, Orion sub amp, Jensens all around<br /><br />Mileage? We don\'t need no stinkin\' mileage!

Comment

• RWC
        258 I6
        • Nov 18, 2001

I also did Pro-Jection, but I did the 4Di. This allows you to do your own programming as opposed to making different chips. The 4Di ("i" is for interactive) interfaces with a laptop and comes with software. There are no chips to burn since you can just upload/download new maps to the ECU directly from the laptop. I've found this especially helpful when I've made changes to my engine.

RWC

Comment

Working...
        X