• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club 2K10 Snow Ball Fun Run

With the end of the year approaching fast I thought it would be a good time to see when everyone would like to schedule our yearly Snow Ball Fun Run at Wharton State Forest. With any luck we can get some snow this year.
    As always we'll have this MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club event at Wharton State Forest in New Jersey meeting at the Ranger Station at 9:00AM and leaving from there. In the past Sunday has been the day of choice so following that tradition please pick from one of the following dates (you'll see I've eliminated the Sundays of Super Bowl and the Daytona 500 and Valentine's Day):
    February 21 or February 28
    All Charter Members and Members of the club are able to cast one vote for either date. Please get your vote to me no later than Sunday Jan 3rd. Once the votes are in and counted I'll post up the date here.
    Naturally the MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club will charge no fees for this or any other event.

Update:

So far two votes have come in;
    Feb 21 Greenfire
    Feb 28 Headhoncho, BattleWagon NJ & Piney Mike

Get your votes in very quickly to break the potential tie
    Last edited by 91G-Dub; 01-04-2010, 05:51 PM.
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • Greenfire
    350 Buick
    • Nov 13, 2004

Sent in my vote. Sure lots of snow in the 51st state now, maybe this is a good sign

Bill hope you are doing well, keep us up to date..
    1984 J10

Comment

• 91G-Dub
      360 AMC
      • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Greenfire
      Sent in my vote. Sure lots of snow in the 51st state now, maybe this is a good sign

Bill hope you are doing well, keep us up to date..
      Yup, we had over 24" here. All gone now after the heavy rain and temps now in the high 40's.

Let's hope for snow at the end of Feb.
      91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
        327 Rambler
        • Jun 08, 2005

I could make either, but Feb. 28th is better
        1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
        The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• pineymike
          327 Rambler
          • Feb 22, 2008

The 28th is better for me also.

Comment

• Greenfire
            350 Buick
            • Nov 13, 2004

Well I see where this is going I hope there is a foot of snow on the 20th.

I can do the 28th, either way works, 21st would be my first choice.

28th is almost march.. for my business thats almost time.
            1984 J10

Comment

• 91G-Dub
              360 AMC
              • Aug 21, 2004

The votes are in!

The membership has voted and by an overwhelming majority this year's Snowball Fun Run will be held on Sunday Feb 28th.
              We'll be running various trails in the Wharton State Forest in New Jersey meeting at the Ranger Station at 9:00AM and leaving from there.
              Make sure to bring warm clothes and your FSJ. Not sure what we'll do for lunch, last year we did a late lunch/early dinner at the Pic-a-Lily. Let me know if you want to do that again.
              Start getting those FSJs ready for some winter time fun.
              Pray for snow.
              Last edited by 91G-Dub; 01-04-2010, 05:56 PM.
              91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Headhoncho
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Oct 11, 2006

My truck is more than ready although I do need to repack my left front wheel bearings. Had a lot of warmup runs plowing through 3 foot high plowed snowdrifts in home depot parking lot a few weeks ago. The H2 I saw wouldn't even come out to play with me.

JR (hoping for another blizzard on the 27th)
                [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
                1966 mustang fastback
                '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                  360 AMC
                  • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Headhoncho
                  My truck is more than ready although I do need to repack my left front wheel bearings. Had a lot of warmup runs plowing through 3 foot high plowed snowdrifts in home depot parking lot a few weeks ago. The H2 I saw wouldn't even come out to play with me.

JR (hoping for another blizzard on the 27th)
                  Well with just a little bit of luck this will be the maiden voyage of the Junkyard Dog

I just need to finish installing the seats (one just needs to bolted in and the other one needs frame modification).

It's titled now and I'm in the process of getting insurance on it then just register it with QQ plates.

After that just need air in the tires and gas in the tank and it's good to go.
                  91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• JeepinPete
                    304 AMC
                    • Dec 09, 2003

I figure on being there, but will be FSJ'less...
                    Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                    Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                    Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                      360 AMC
                      • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by JeepinPete
                      I figure on being there, but will be FSJ'less...
                      Good to hear that you'll be making the trek to the Pines, see you there.
                      91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Greenfire
                        350 Buick
                        • Nov 13, 2004

So whats the forecast down in them parts??
                        1984 J10

Comment

• JeepinPete
                          304 AMC
                          • Dec 09, 2003

The pines look to be getting 18" or so. Sad part is it will probably all be gone by the 28th...
                          Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                          Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                          Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• pineymike
                            327 Rambler
                            • Feb 22, 2008

Hopefully we get more, seems like a trend this year.I'm going out there sunday I'll take some pic's & post em' up! here as a preview anybody close that wants to go? PM me for details.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                              360 AMC
                              • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by pineymike
                              Hopefully we get more, seems like a trend this year.I'm going out there sunday I'll take some pic's & post em' up! here as a preview anybody close that wants to go? PM me for details.
                              Wish I could make it but looks like my day is going to be spent with a snowblower not a FSJ
                              91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X