Vigilante Waggy question (wet side WA FSJ'ers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmax65
    • Apr 19, 2024

Vigilante Waggy question (wet side WA FSJ'ers)

Hi All-

Just an open question to anyone on the wet side of WA WA land.

Any 'greater Seattle area' FSJ'ers have any 327 Vigilante stuff?

Years ago, I had a 67 Wag, 327/TH400/D20. At the time, I took the engine, trans, t-case out as one unit, the 'power pod', so to speak. Plan was to go thru it and rebuild it all.....but it ended up going away, sadly.

I realize this is pretty uncommon to ask for, most have probably been trashed or scrapped. But it is my fave engine, and would like to have another someday before dirt nap time.

If one could be found, it would have to be rebuildable- no cracked block or heads, or fried rotating assembly....and no wiped out cam. All the adapter pieces would be needed, too- if perhaps the engine/trans/starter had been disassembled. Engine and trans mounts, manifolds and air cleaner too.

I've seen a few since I had mine, but they ended up being junk...sadly, quite a few dishonest folks out there hocking parts these days. Hope to find a good and honest FSJ'er instead, to deal with.

Thanks for listening.
  • fsjgladiator
    230 Tornado
    • Jan 26, 2014

i have a good running 327 in my 65 gladiator id sell you if your still looking. im located in Rochester wa so just south of the greater seattle area

Comment

Did you check out the one I told you about when you were first down from AK? I can see if that '65 Jtruck is still available.
      Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

fsjgladiator and carnuck...thanks for the replies

fsjgladiator and Carnuck-

Guys, thanks for your responses yesterday.

Unfortunately, I'm far away from home right now, and won't be back until about October. I wouldn't expect either of you to hold your engines for that long....so, go ahead and sell and get some coin.

Thank you again for the offers, believe me if I was home, I'd be travelling to check the engines out. There's just nothing I can do about it right now.

Have a good week and weekend, and thanks again for your courtesy.

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
          Cherokee Outlaw
          • Jan 10, 2006

There is a 65 Wagoneer with 327 in a junkyard up here.
          -Jonny B.
          1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
          7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
          AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
          NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
          F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
          R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
          1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
          1979 Wagoneer - Sold
          1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment